A Printing Incharge controls, organizes and monitors the flow of printed materials in a printing
company. He/She is responsible for supervising and assisting subordinates engaged in the
production of printed and graphic arts, ensuring to oversee the work of staff in the department
and monitor the quality of the product making sure deadlines are met.
- Plans, lays out, and supervises the work of skilled subordinates engaged in the production of a wide variety of printed and graphic arts products.
- Supervises and participates as necessary in offset presswork and related duplicating operations; trains apprentices in the operation of printing equipment.
- Inspects work in progress and finished materials to see that quality and quantity standards are compiled with.
- Resolves technical problems such as special ink mixtures.
- Requisitions materials, inks, and equipment, schedules necessary repair and service of machines and makes periodic inventory of supplies.
- Sees that records of cost, production, and time worked are maintained and appropriate records submitted.
- Leads and supervises staff in the production and bindery of printed materials.
- Trains and supervises staff, prioritizes and assigns work and conducts performanceevaluations.
- Recommends hiring, disciplinary actions, and termination of staff.
- Services and maintains all offset and bindery equipment. Orders printing inventory,project materials, and other necessary supplies
- Graduate in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering (OND with 8-10 year Experience also eligible)
- 5-6 years’ experience in similar fields
- Experience in flexible packaging, knowledge of printing machinery Manual as well as Automatic (Bobst & Windmoller)
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of administrative procedures and practices
- Ability to coordinate and monitor the work of others
- Effective communication (both written and oral) skill
- Organization, coordination and management skill
- Ability to develop and maintain effective and positive working relationships
- Ability to operate relevant equipment required to complete assigned responsibilities for the position
- Good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work, set targets and make decisions
- Ability to work accurately and methodically under pressure
- Initiative, with problem-solving skill