Metallizer & Recycling Supervisor supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in spraying protective metal coatings on metal to prevent corrosion and to build up surfaces of worn or damaged metal parts. He/She also oversees and facilitates recycling operations.
- Analyzes work orders, workpieces, and blueprints to determine process, materials, and sequence of operations required to coat metal.
- Sets up machine tools and metal spray guns to perform special or experimental operations. Trains workers in operation of equipment.
- Examines finished pieces for conformity to specifications. Directs workers in processes.
- Inspects malfunctioning of machines and equipment to determine need for repair.
- Oversees and facilitates recycling, ensuring compliance with federal, state, and localordinances and guidelines.
- Hires, supervises, and trains recycling operations employees.
- Inspects recycling facilities to ensure the premises meet safety, quality, and servicestandards.•
- Sets recycling plans, goals, and initiatives in the community or organization to minimize waste and to encourage program participation and compliance
- Graduate in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
- 5-6 years’ experience in similar fields
- Experience in flexible packaging, knowledge of printing machinery (Nord Mechanical)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to train and motivate others
- Thorough understanding of recycling processes and policies
- Thorough understanding of waste management programs
- Strong supervisory skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods and carry materials