A Mechanical Operator set-up, operate, and maintain machinery, usually in a manufacturing setting. They are responsible for ensuring the machine produces high quality products, runs smoothly and at capacity, and is properly maintained.
- Assist in the installation, maintenance, and repair of machinery.
- Operate tools in order to aid in the manufacturing process.
- Perform periodic checks on equipment and solve problems as detected.
- Work with others in order to ensure that equipment is in proper working order.
- Observe and follow company safety rules and regulations
- Set up machinery for operation
- Start machinery and make adjustments to machinery when necessary to improveperformance
- Operate machinery and equipment according to instructions
- Troubleshoot issues and perform maintenance
- Perform quality control, follow reporting and recordkeeping procedures, and reportproblems to supervisor
- Comply with all safety and health regulations
- Clean machinery and maintain cleanliness in work area
- Graduate in Electrical/Mechanical engineering
- 5-6 years’ experience in similar fields
- Experience in flexible packaging, knowledge of printing machinery (Nord Mechanical)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work and communicate well with others.
- Proficiency with hand tools.
- Willing to perform repetitive tasks for extended periods.
- Must be detail-oriented
- Understanding of production and plant processes
- Analytical and numerical skills: ability to perform mathematical calculations (add, subtract, multiply, divide) in different units of measurement
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to work in a team