To ensure proper day to day running of the guesthouse while observing the highest standards in hospitality to guests. To ensure that from guest check-in to check out that the guests have an enjoyable stay at the guest house
Duties and Responsibilities
• Supervise all guest house members of staff.
• Ensure the work areas are clean and well maintained.
• Monitor members of staff daily, ensuring that they always deliver their services to the highest standards of customer service.
• Inspect table set up and check for cleanliness of all areas of the guesthouse.
• Follow Health and Safety regulations strictly and ensure all members of their team do the same.
• Organize and plan rosters of members of staff, within areas of their responsibility.
• Ensure guests are billed and settlement obtained for all services rendered as per the revenue control policy.
• Responsible for the inventory of all service equipment, cutlery, crockery, and glassware
• To bring in ideas that will increase guesthouse patronage.
• Minimum of HND / B.Sc. Degree in any relevant discipline
• 4 – 5 years of experience in a hospitality supervisory role
• Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities.
• Excellent networking and people/relationship management ability.
• Interpersonal and change management skills.
• Skilled communication skills with the ability to form and maintain good relationships internally and externally.
• Excellent analytical, business development and strategic planning skills.
• Must be able to anticipate problems and prevent them from happening. Must be able to provide strategic solutions and innovations if any problems arrive.
• Strong ability to think strategically and make good judgements in the shortest time possible. Strong ability to solve complex operational problems and deliver within tight timeframes.