Role: Senior Banking Officer
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Our client, a microfinance bank is looking to fill the role of Senior Banking Officer whose duty will be to evaluate, or recommend approval of credit loans. Advise borrowers on financial status and methods of payments. Includes SME, ASSET Finance and Micro loans, as officers and agents, collection analysts, loan servicing officers, and loan underwriters.
• Sourcing of SME clients for both deposits & loans in line with set targets.
• Sourcing of individual clients for both savings, Current and fixed deposit accounts in line with set target.
• Packaging of customers’ credit requests.
• Conduct qualitative credit appraisals of clients’ businesses e.g. cash flow, profitability, P&L & Balance Sheet Analysis.
• Ensure credits are packaged in line with credit policies & procedures of the bank.
• Ensure credits are within the bank’s obligor limit.
• Rendering financial advice to clients.
• Rendering weekly & monthly reports to the management.
• Ensure proper KYC are conducted on customers.
• Monitoring the loan portfolio and follow up on repayment.
• Carry the entire operation and execution from loan approval to legal to disbursement.
• Monitor the client relations and payment schedule.
• Partner with possible institutions to help better serve our client requirement and get business.
• Understand the client need & design communication for them.
• Design Products suitable to market and client’s requirement in coordination and supervision of Head – SME.
• Study competitor and do product benchmarking.
• Maintain and manage the cordial relationship with stakeholders through client servicing.
• Recommending Cases to put up for appraisal
• Recommending New Product Design.
• Recommending Institutional Tie-ups.
• Evaluation of Financials of prospecting firms/customers.
• Market research activities.
• Provide feedback to senior management, marketing and product management on customer’s needs and the efficiency of marketing strategies and tactics.
• Responsible for delivering a service to customers that matches the Bank’s brand promise of being “the Right Partner”
Key Performance Indicators
• Level of result achievement to meet set target.
• Quality of contribution to the fulfillment of the Unit’s and Bank’s objectives and goals.
• Transaction error rate.
• Rapport with customers.
• Customer relationship skill.
• Quality of SME introduced to the bank.
• Number of accounts generated.
• Quality of leadership ability.
• Quality and timeliness of delivery of activities and services rendered to the Bank’s customers.
• Quality (content and presentation) of loans.
• Customer/staff turnover rate.
Minimum Job Requirements
• Advance knowledge of the Microfinance and/or Banking industry and related state or banking compliance regulations, banking law, etc. is a must.
• High level of numeracy to evaluate complex statistical financial information is required.
• Strong managerial, business development, analytical and research skills.
• Strong leadership qualities with a proactive, results- oriented and a positive “can do” disposition.
• Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills.
• Must possess good knowledge in results-based management systems (RBMS).
• Excellent computer skills in the use of Microsoft office suite and working knowledge of banking software.
• Willingness to work on flexible scheduling
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Planning and organizing
• Communication skills.
• Influencing and leading • Delegation
• Team Work
• Conflict management
• Adaptability and stress tolerance