Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
|Our client in the financial industry is looking to hire a Relationship officer to evaluate, authorize, or recommend approval of credit loans, advise borrowers on financial status and methods of payments inclusive of SME, ASSET Finance and Microloans, as officers and agents, collection analysts, loan servicing officers, and loan underwriters.|
- Approve loans within specified limits, and refer loan applications outside those limits to management for approval.
- Meet with applicants to obtain information for loan applications and to answer questions about the process.
- Analyze applicants’ financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans.
- Explain to customers the different types of loans and credit options that are available, as well as the terms of those services.
- Obtain and compile copies of loan applicants’ credit histories, corporate financial statements, and other financial information.
- Review and update credit and loan files.
- Review loan agreements to ensure that they are complete and accurate according to policy
- Compute payment schedules, winning of new accounts, processing loan applications, loan disbursement and monitoring
- Deposit mobilization, Collection of loan repayments, Rendition of daily returns
- Stay abreast of new types of loans and other financial services and products in order to better meet customers’ needs.
- Submit applications to credit analysts for verification and recommendation.
- Handle customer complaints and take appropriate action to resolve them.
- Work with clients to identify their financial goals and to find ways of reaching those goals.
- Confer with underwriters to aid in resolving mortgage application problems.
- Negotiate payment arrangements with customers who have delinquent loans.
- Market bank products to individuals and firms, promoting bank services that may meet customers’ needs.
- Supervise loan personnel.
- Set credit policies, credit lines, procedures and standards in conjunction with senior managers.
- Provide special services such as investment banking for clients with more specialized needs.
- Analyze potential loan markets and develop referral networks in order to locate prospects for loans.
- Prepare reports to send to customers whose accounts are delinquent, and forward irreconcilable accounts for collector action.
- Arrange for maintenance and liquidation of delinquent properties.
- Petition courts to transfer titles and deeds of collateral to banks.
- Advance knowledge of the Microfinance and/or Banking industry and related state or banking compliance regulations, banking law, etc. is a must
- High level of numeracy to evaluate complex statistical financial information is required
- Strong managerial, business development, analytical and research skills
- Strong leadership qualities with a proactive, results- oriented and a positive “can do” disposition
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills
- Must possess good knowledge in results-based management systems (RBMS)
- Excellent computer skills in the use of Microsoft office suite and working knowledge of banking software.
- Willingness to work on flexible scheduling.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Planning and organizing
- Communication skills
- Influencing and leading
- Team work
- Conflict management
- Stress tolerance
Job Category: Banking Finance
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lagos