Job Title: Assistant Banking Officer
Job Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Our Client, a microfinance bank is looking to hire an Assistant Banking Officer with experience in SME Loans.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sourcing of SME clients for both deposits & loans in line with set targets.
- Sourcing of individual clients for both savings, Current and fixed deposit accounts in line with set target.
- Packaging of customers’ credit requests
- Conduct qualitative credit appraisals of clients’ businesses e.g. cash flow, profitability, P&L & Balance Sheet Analysis.
- Ensure credits are packaged in line with credit policies & procedures of the bank.
- Ensure credits are within the bank’s obligor limit
- Rendering financial advice to clients
- Rendering weekly & monthly reports to the management
- Ensure proper KYC are conducted on customers
- Monitoring the loan portfolio and follow up on repayment.
- Carry the entire operation and execution from loan approval to legal to disbursement.
- Monitor the client relations and payment schedule.
- Partner with possible institutions to help better serve our client requirement and get business.
- Understand the client need & design communication for them.
- Design Products suitable to market and client’s requirement in coordination and supervision of Head – SME.
- Study competitor and do product benchmarking.
- Maintain and manage the cordial relationship with stakeholders through client servicing.
- Recommending Cases to put up for appraisal
- Recommending New Product Design
- Recommending Institutional Tie-ups
- Evaluation of Financials of prospecting firms/customers
- Market research activities
- Provide feedback to senior management, marketing and product management on customer’s needs and the efficiency of marketing strategies and tactics.
- Responsible for delivering a service to customers that matches the Bank’s brand promise of being “the Right Partner”.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree from a reputable institution with at least 4 years related experience.
- Advance knowledge of the Microfinance and/or Banking industry and related state or banking compliance regulations, banking law, etc. is a must
- High level of numeracy to evaluate complex statistical financial information is required
- Strong managerial, business development, analytical and research skills
- Strong leadership qualities with a proactive, results- oriented and a positive “can do” disposition
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills
- Must possess good knowledge in results-based management systems (RBMS)
- Excellent computer skills in the use of Microsoft office suite and working knowledge of banking software.
- Willingness to work on flexible scheduling
Monthly Salary (Gross) : N180,000
Job Category: Banking
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lagos