Overview of the Job
An Accounts Manager handles the overall management and supervision of the accounting department with a primary emphasis on ensuring that financial records are accurate and up to date, and that there is timely and accurate delivery of financial statements and reporting.
- Supervise and administer the general accounting functions, including, but not limited to: accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, and tax
- Oversee the daily activities of the accounting department and ensuring that all major projects, month-end, and year-end reports are completed accurately and on time.
- Hire, train. and motivate accounting staff members while supervising and delegatingdepartment tasks. Conduct performance evaluations, coordinate training programs,and identify training needs.
- Create, monitor, and evaluate financial systems within their organizations. Collect,analyze, verify, and report financial information to document firms’ financialperformance and position companies to make well-informed financial decisions.
- Assess current practices and procedures, and make recommendations forimprovements
- Prepare, review, and analyze financial statements to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Conduct research into various aspects of accounting to ensure conformity withgenerally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Analyze financial data and creating reports for management, stakeholders, and externalparties, such as vendors or lenders.
- Ensure companies’ financial wellbeing by tracking revenue and expenses,
- Maintain accurate and complete financial records and participating in audits orreconciliations, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Account Manager, Junior Account Manager or relevant role
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a managerial role
- Experience in Hospitality and FCMG industries/sectors
- Professional memberships must include ICAN and similar membership
- Must be Nigerian
Key Skills and Abilities
- Competent in Financial budgeting, cost control and procedural implementation
- Must be articulate in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership skills with a dedication to driving and achieving results
- Knowledge of employee relationship building and performance management techniques
- Strong understanding of accounting principles, standards and regulations
- Understanding of management principles
- Proficiency with computers, especially bookkeeping software and MS Office