Job Title: Lead Accountant
The Lead Accountant will prepare financial reports to track the organization’s assets,
liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities, and other related financial activities.
- Performs general cost accounting and other related tasks
- Prepares periodic (monthly) balance sheets, income statements, and profit and loss statements.
- Maintain the general ledger.
- Codes invoices, creates new accounts, reconciles accounts, and closes the monthly books.
- Reconciles bank accounts at least once a month, verifies deposits, and responds to bank inquiries.
- Reconciles customer accounts and manages accounts receivable collections.
- Verifies payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the correct accounts.
- Assists outside auditors by gathering the necessary account information and documents for the annual audit.
- Files required tax forms with federal and state government agencies.
- Maintains the accounting software system and recommends updates to improve the accounting software.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Degree in accounting, economics, business administration and any other related field.
- Should possess over 12 years experience with at least 5 years in a senior management role in finance industry.
- Experience in a fast paced media sector.
- Sound knowledge of general accounting software.
- Ideal candidate should also possess relevant experience in a finance industry
- In-depth knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- Chartered accountant for at least 6years.
- Communication Skill(Written and Verbal)