Location: Victoria Island, Lagos State.
Our client a long standing player in the medical diagnostic sector in Nigeria is looking for competent and experienced Medical Lab Scientist. The medical lab scientist will perform and analyse laboratory samples in order to provide results for medical practitioners to diagnose, treat and prevent diseases.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs diagnostic testing procedures, reviews and verifies results and interacts with pathologists on technical matters to provide all relevant data that may pertain to the prevention, diagnosis or treatment of diseases.
- Operates, maintains and calibrates the equipment used in the laboratory to ensure that it is operating efficiently and providing accurate results. This includes recording instrument maintenance and quality control results as well as recognizing and resolving problems by troubleshooting mal-functioning equipment and taking corrective action.
- Implements sound housekeeping procedures and work effectively with others as a member of a team to ensure a safe working environment in accordance with safety protocols. This includes the on-going maintenance of quality control standards, adherence to infection control measures, correct disposal of bio-hazardous waste and participation (as per delegated responsibilities) in the preparation process for internal and external audits.
- Reports incidents, including instrument failures, problem solutions and reads documents and actions tasks on the laboratory information management system in compliance with relevant organisational policy.
- Performs on-site training for laboratory staff, interns, students, medical colleagues and associated health workers in laboratory techniques, processes and systems, if assigned by laboratory manager and deemed competent.
- Adheres to professional conduct requirements in line with organisational policy and relevant professional body ethical standards.
- Represents the organisation by applying the principles of customer care in the medical pathology field and interacts professionally and ethically with patients, clients, doctors and other hospital staff.
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (BMLS)
- Must be registered with the medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria
- Must have a practicing License
- Minimum 3+ years working experience in similar Role
- Knowledge of all laboratory standard operating procedures and processes;
- Must have effective Laboratory Quality Management System Skills
- Effective Laboratory Data Management and research skills
- Must be accountable for the quality and integrity of laboratory Services
- Must be a team player
- Knowledge of medical ethical guidelines in the medical pathology fields;
Job Category: Healthcare
Job Location: Lagos