Job Title: Underwriter
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Our client, an Insurance Brokerage Firm is looking to hire an Underwriter with experience in analyzing risk in insurance proposals, determining policy terms and calculating premiums on basis of statistical, and background information.
- Calculating possible risks and deciding how much individuals or organizations should pay for insurance.
- Must have a strong understanding of general insurance transactions and insurance procedures.
- Ensure that the standard insurance business placement process through claims processing is followed.
- Ability to assess clients’ background information and financial status.
- Maintaining detailed and accurate records of policies underwritten and decisions made.
- Issue debit and credit notes on business transactions for the purpose of accounting records.
- Ensure achievement of set targets on all businesses due for renewals, send renewal notices and liaise with underwriters on the position of renewable policies.
- Negotiating terms with policyholders or brokers and drawing up contracts.
- Must possess strong research and analytical skills.
- Preparing reports detailing risk assessment findings which contribute to the final decision.
- Review loss runs and calculated loss ratios to help determine eligibility.
- Successful track record including new business production, renewal retention, and including account/risk management.
- Analyzed new business applications to ensure all policy documentation is in place.
- Develop and maintain a productive long-term agency/broker relationship.
- Manage cancellations, endorsements, premium audit requests, loss control measures, and collection underwriting-relating processes to meet or exceed the underwriting and operational standards.
- Performed collateral property site visits and inspections with loan-photographed properties.
- Provide routine support to the CEO’s work.
- Liaise and attend meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties, and aid business and organizational development.
● Bachelor’s degree in Insurance or a related field is required
● Master’s degree in Finance or business administration preferred
● Must either hold a CIIN certificate or be in an active process of getting one
● Experience as an Underwriter in Insurance is a plus