Our client, a profound learning institution with a solid Christian foundation, is looking to hire a Technology Manager who is a visionary and a strategic thinker, who can design solutions and systems and lead a team of technically skilled personnel to advance the vision and objectives of the organization using technology, which includes information and communication technology, education technology, security technology, visibility media platforms, and audio-visual systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensuring all technology-related projects are satisfactorily meeting the needs for which they were created.
- Ensuring that computer software, as well as networks and servers, work consistently and correctly.
- Monitoring all communication and media platforms, observing trends and emerging situations necessary to continuously evaluate and adjust the technology plans.
B. Planning and Development
- Designing and implementing technology solutions, strategies, systems, and plans.
- Participating in Mindscapes’ technology-related exhibit design.
- Planning the effective transition of all processes to a digital space.
- Working with HR to develop/adjust technology related policies.
- Creating an annual comparative analysis of the previous year in comparison with the current year and proposing improvement plans.
C. Prepared Environment
- Leading the acquisition and maintenance all the hardware and software necessary for the implementation of the organizations’ technology plans.
- Leading the processes and procedures for setting up digital applications such as Transparent Classroom, Knowledge Base, eCamp, Microsoft 365, Bluesky and other digital-related platforms that the organizations use.
- Participating in Mindscapes’ technology-related exhibit set-up.
- Leading the smooth deployment and configuration of hardware and software solutions purchased by the organizations to employees.
- Developing a technical manual for the technology department, outlining all the daily tasks performed by the department.
- Maintaining the effective running of all technology-related platforms and resources.
- Liaising with the organizations’ administrators to create and maintain brand books, and ensuring brand consistency on all visibility platforms.
- Maintaining information security throughout the organizations.
E. Record Keeping
- Ensuring there is no loss of data on any of our digital platforms. Students, employees and client records are kept, stored, and accessible using the data platforms subscribed to by the organizations.
- Maintaining all records of the activities in your job description as set out, to aid the sustainability of the role.
- Archiving records of changes as they are made to the digital space.
F. Assessments and Reports
- Assessing the effectiveness and efficiency of all solutions on a continuous basis.
- Providing regular and ad-hoc reports to the Executive Director.
G. Community Building
- Establish and maintain effective relationships and networks with internal and external stakeholders including teaching and non-teaching staff, and community representatives to promote and support the organizations’ vision, mission and activities.
- Relating to the school community, the Technology Manager recognizes and utilizes formal and informal networks and recognizes the role of key people.
- Knowledge of all the organizations’ technology tools and platforms, especially ERP systems.
- High level of proficiency in the use of software tools/apps for creating high-level data analysis and reports
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Technology solutions design
- Independent research skills
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or other related or relevant field
- Experience with technical support
- Must be able to juggle multiple projects at the same time
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a team-lead position
Job Category: IT Tech Jobs
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lagos Lekki