Our client, a leading registrar with over five decades of existence in the Nigerian capital market, is hiring a Technical Lead-Engineering Operations & DevOps who is responsible for creating innovative software solutions and leading teams of developers in implementing and improving applications for the organization’s products. As a Tech Lead, you will be responsible for
estimate, plan, and oversee development activities being executed by both internal and vendor development resources. The Agile delivery methodology will be the predominant working model for your team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead and manage the Software Development and IT teams to deliver software, infrastructure and architecture that meets the needs of users
• Ensure delivery consistent with Agile processes across the team
• Work effectively with Product Managers and Product Owners to ensure delivery against agreed priorities
• Implement mechanisms to monitor, manage and provide progress on all software development activities
• Work with contributors and working groups to maintain the smooth operation of the open source software lifecycle, including repository management, contributions workflow, code review, CI/CD, release engineering, and defect resolution.
• Guide the selection and management of collaboration and development tools used by the community working groups and technical committees, in cooperation with their chairs and steering committees.
• Participate in Technology and ecosystem council meetings and other governance processes
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• You have experience with technology strategy, development, architecture
• Proven experience as a Software Developer, Software Engineer or similar role
• Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
• Hands-on expertise with repository management in GitHub, release engineering, and modern development practices.
• Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment
frameworks/systems (e.g. AngularJS, Git)
• Experience with databases and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks (e.g. Hibernate)
• Strong understanding of the Agile software development cycle
• Experience with more than one software development methodology
• Experience with cloud technologies (eg. Google, AWS, Azure) and software
deployment to the cloud (CI/CD, scalability, containerization, serverless) would be an advantage
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Outstanding interpersonal skills
• An understanding of databases and handling of large data sources
• Experience in using Atlassian JIRA, Confluence is a plus
EDUCATION/ OTHER REQUIREMENTS
• 8 -10 years software development experience
• BSc/MSc in Software Development Discipline, Technical Engineering or Math
Discipline. This is highly desirable however significant experience in these disciplines
will not require the degree
• MBA is a plus
N12 – 13m Annual Gross