Job Title: Technical / Commercial Manager
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Our client, an oil and gas servicing company is looking to hire for an The Technical Commercial Manager will coordinate the entire Commercial, Procurement and Business Development department under the supervision of the General Manager. She/He will collaborate with client representatives, contract managers and stakeholders to resolve contractual, technical and commercial issues. This involves contract negotiation, project planning, procurement and risk management.
ESSENTIAL JOB REPONSIBILITIES
● Supervise and provide direction to the Strategy and Business Development team.
● Prepare, schedule, coordinate and monitor assigned projects.
● Assist in reviewing deliverables/documents and initiate appropriate corrective actions.
● Look for opportunities to grow company business, whether through partnerships or new initiatives, and work to take advantage of those opportunities.
● Analyze sales and other reports that give insight into company’s Financial position and how company can make adjustments to improve performance.
● Assist the GM to also act in capacity of company’s liaison representative with IOC’s, clients and partners.
● Actively monitor company’s deliverables with third party contractors in alignments with contracts.
● Ensure that the Company’s Executive Management and Board receive collated monthly and quarterly reports on strategic activities.
● Facilitate and drive potential new Business Opportunities and possible areas of diversification to maximize company’s profitability.
● Provide technical and commercial third eye oversight in flagging potential risk opportunities.
● Assist the Management in providing Strategic direction and Critical Thinking/Analyses in decision making.
● Engage and collaborate with Clients contract managers, Third party partners and stake holders to ensure that company’s delivers on assigned Projects and Contracts.
● Resolve all issues with Contracts and Commercial operations.
● Drive Negotiation between company, Third party contractors, Partners, IOC’s and other relevant Stakeholders where applicable.
● Communicate with parties in any contract so that all parties understand the terms, particularly the contract’s financial implications.
● Assess risks and makes recommendations based on a thorough analysis of all factors involved in a business situation.
● Supervise the Procurement team on purchases and transactions.
● Coach employees on best practices for managing contract issues and handling daily issues and tasks.
● Work efficiently and calmly within tight deadlines or when other stress factors arise.
● Provide Strategic Advisory and Support to the Management team on all initiatives to progress and structure company.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
● Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or any related field
● Masters’ in Business Management, Business Admin or any related field
● Minimum of 8 years relevant experience (with at least 5 years in Oil & Gas)
● Professional certification
Stakeholder holder Management and Communications.
Ability to understand Vessel and Technical Operations.
Good Negotiation Skill
Critical and Analytical Thinker
Ability to develop and maintain relationships with clients and stakeholders.
Ability to develop competitive industry pricing structures.
Ability to develop and communicate