Job Title: Shop Operations Lead
Job Location: Ikoyi, Lagos.
Our client, a retail shop seeks a committed business supervisor for its business. The ideal candidate must be dependable and flexible, must be a self-starter and must have good accounting, business administration and operations skills. Updated technology skills is a must.
The Operations Lead must knowledge of accounting and must be able to use an accounting software/package. The Operations Lead must be comfortable and adept in a retail boutique role. The Operations Lead will also be focused on operating the store for growth and implementing stability projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Prepare/collate financial records for the business on a periodic basis. Reconcile Targets to Actual.
- Ensure completion of supporting documents for financial records for Receipts and Expenses.
- Daily Sales and Daily Receipts/ Payments Daily Expenses, Petty Cash, and Inventory
- Inventory Management: Prepare complete inventory reconciliation – purchases and sales on a monthly basis. (Input from sales team). Purchase, Sales, Reconciliation and Physical Count.
- Manage Customer Database and service function: Validate the database and include relevant information as directed. Update for new information (Input from Sales Team) – Over See Function
- Onboard new staff – offer letters forms, background checks. Also, exit outgoing staff – forms. Work with external HR for recruiting.
- Monitor and Prepare payroll for payment. Ensuring pay dates adhere.
- Prepare – Purchase orders for reordering Inventory.
- Support Business for staff accountability by implementing Operation manual. Also, continue to develop and maintain the Business Operations Manual.
- Implement business projects to completion as assigned by CEO particularly in digitizing the business.)
- Manage projects that translate to business growth for the boutique – Including planning and implementing exhibitions.
- Retail is the detail: You must be obsessed with impeccable recordkeeping.
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting management, business, or social sciences
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office Suite Package. Particularly Excel
- Must be able to use Inventory, Accounting and Customer Database Software – Vend, QuickSell, Quickbooks etc
- Very good communication skills: Oral and Written
- Experience in fashion retail or beauty business, event planning, or business a plus
- Must have an interest in retail.
- Must have strong administration and coordination skills.
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to complete projects on their own
- Must be friendly and possess customer service etiquette