Location : Lagos State
Our Client a reputable FMCG organization is seeking to hire competent Mechanics/Technicians. He/She will be responsible for the installation, repairs, maintenance, and servicing of wheelers (Tricycles). The individual must be customer-focused at all times, must be prepared to work within and as part of a team, be able to interact with colleagues, management at all levels, clients, and other trades in a professional and tactful manner, and in doing so present a positive image of the Company.
- Identify problems of the equipment
- Test parts and systems to ensure that they work properly
- Follow checklists to ensure that all critical parts are examined
- Perform basic care and maintenance, including changing oil, checking fluid levels…etc
- Repair or replace worn parts.
- Perform repairs to manufacturer and customer specifications
- Explain problems and repairs to clients
- Provide supervisory and technical support to colleagues and communicate with staff at all levels
- Ensure that follow-up work requirements are referred back to the appropriate staff to enable necessary action and recommendations to clients.
- Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times, consistent with client and company expectations.
- Attend all training courses and meetings as required by the organization.
- Observe and adhere to company health & safety guidelines and contribute to a healthy and safe working environment.
- 2-5 years’ experience as a Mechanic/Technician.
- Relevant technical qualification.
- Proven Mechanical Engineering experience.
- Experience in engaging customers in a pressured environment.
- Ability to supervise.
- Proven ability to organize own workspace.
- Effective technical and problem-solving skills
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Strong colleague/ customer /subcontractor interfacing skills.
- Commercial awareness and ability to communicate at all levels regarding technical matters.
- Willing to take on challenging assignments.