JOB TITLE: Senior Key Account Manager
Our client a leading Registrar, Investor Services and Business Support Solutions provider with close to five decades’ of top-class experience in the Nigerian Capital Market is looking for a Senior Key Account Manager who will be responsible for prospecting, qualifying, selling and closing new business to existing and new customers.
• Sells company products to local and/or national accounts through sales calls and sales presentations to both existing and prospective customers. This includes interacting directly with the customer, determining the customer needs, and evaluating sales potential.
• Establishes, maintains, and coordinates an effective partnership with the client. Quotes product and service bids, and makes value-added sales proposals to existing customers, as well as to potential customers
• Account and Customer Relationship Management, Sales and Software License/Subscription Revenue measured through Annual Revenue – Achieve / exceed quota targets. Sales Strategies
• Develops effective and specific account plans to ensure revenue target delivery and sustainable growth. Develop relationships in new and existing customers and leverage to drive strategy through organization. Trusted Advisor
• Establishes strong relationships based on knowledge of customer requirements and commitment to value (value of counsel and expertise, value of solutions, value of implementation expertise).
Builds a foundation on which to harvest future business opportunities and accurate account information and coaching
• Actively understand each customer’s technology footprint, strategic growth plans, technology strategy and competitive landscape. Review public information (e.g. new executive appointments, earnings statements, press releases) for the company and its competitors to remain updated on key industry trends and issues impacting the prospect. Territory and Account Leadership
• Be the lead for the assigned Customer Segment (e.g Financial Services, Public Sector, etc), including accounts, account relationships, prospect profiling, and sales cycles. Encourage all accounts to become AP Brand champions/references. Business Planning
• Develop and deliver comprehensive business plan to address customer and prospects priorities and pain points. Utilize benchmarking and ROI data to support the customer’s decision process. Demand Generation, Pipeline and Opportunity Management
• Pipeline planning – Follow a disciplined approach to maintaining a rolling pipeline. Keep pipeline current and moving up the pipeline curve.
• Pipeline partnerships – Leverage support organizations including Marketing, inside sales, Partners and channels to funnel pipeline into the assigned territory.
• Leverage AP Solutions – Be proficient in and bring all AP offers to bear on sales pursuits including Industry Solutions such as Public Listing Advisory, Greenpole, etc.; Infrastructure Solutions, and digital technology advisory solutions
• Advance and close sales opportunities – through the successful execution of the sales strategy and roadmap.
• Support all AP Marketing, Branding and events Sales Excellence
• Sell value.
• Maintain White Space analysis and execution of initiatives (up sell and cross sell) on customer base.
• Orchestrate resources: deploy appropriate teams to execute winning sales.
• Utilize best practice sales models.
• Understand AP’s competition and effectively position solutions against them.
• Maintain CRM system with accurate customer and pipeline information.
Leading Account Support Team
• Demonstrates leadership skills in the orchestration of cross functional support teams including Finance, tech support.
• Ensure account and support teams are well versed in each account’s strategy and well positioned for all customer touch points and events.
• Maximize the value of all sales support organizations.
• Responsible for closing sales and utilizing cross-functional assistance as needed, i.e., Consulting, Marketing and Proposal Services, etc.
The ideal candidate for this role should be able to demonstrate:
• Ability to work creatively as an individual contributor and working with a Sales Team
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Superior prospecting skills
• Ability to work quickly, manage large deal volume, and thrive in a very fast paced sales environment.
• Knowledge of business solutions and applications
• Strong appreciation and understanding of key current and emerging technologies, third party solutions and packaged software applications of importance to the global markets.
• Relationship skills
• Goal driven and highly motivated
▪ HND or BSc. in any related field.
▪ Minimum of 8 years’ experience in Technology or Financial Services Sales and Account management
▪ Proven track record in business application software sales.
▪ Demonstrated success with large transactions and lengthy sales campaigns in a fast paced, consultative and competitive market.
▪ Business level English: Fluent