Job Title: Senior HR Manager
Job Location: Victoria Island, Lagos.
Our client, a multinational Re-Insurance Company requires the services of a senior HR manager who will implement the end-to-end Group HR strategy, taking into account the strategic priorities and nuances of the business to ensure the groupwide attainment of the HR Strategic Objectives. The incumbent will contribute to the development of the HR strategy, priorities, solutions and initiatives by providing insights on the people and industry trends within the business to ensure that the HR function remains relevant and continuously enables the attainment of Business Objectives.
- Increase the strategic profile of the HR function and to ensure that the best decisions are taken concerning people in the business
- Deploy the talent agenda within the business to enable robust differentiation and development of the different talent segments
- Identify leaning and development needs within the business and collaborate with the talent team to deploy the required training to enable a fully capable workforce
- Interrogate the business strategy to identify the headcount and development actions required to enable the business to meet its objectives
- Implement, advise on and monitor adherence to HR Policy, processes and procedures within the business, raise any compliance issues with the relevant stakeholder and ensure correction thereof to minimise any risks and losses stemming form non-compliance.
- Gather and analyse data relating to key people metrices (Regrettable loss, build/buy/borrow/bounce, employee engagement, attrition etc.) to enable the business and HR to make data driven people decisions.
- Develop and continuously review and update a comprehensive, multi faceted reward strategy for the organisation to enable the attraction and retention of various segments of talent across the organisations.
- Research and gather insights from local and global Industry trends on total reward and use these to shape the reward strategy for Interswitch to position Interswitch as an industry leader and a great place to work.
- Formulate a clear vision for the Rewards and he shared services practices and map out a clear and measurable roadmap to move the organisation form the current state to the desired future state
- Evaluate systems and processes, identify opportunities for improvement, plan and implement improvement initiatives to ensure that the HRSS is continuously evolving to providing a world class HR service to employees.
- Review all HR Policies and Processes and propose updates based on changes in the internal and external environment and apply process improvement techniques to improve the efficiency of all HR processes.
- Develop and produce accurate and timely HR reporting across all key HR metrics to enable data driven people decisions.
- Deputize for the Group Head of Human Capital when required the Senior HRBP is a trusted partner and will be representative on any governance/leadership boards in the area they partner with, working on medium to longer term objectives.
- First degree, minimum of second class upper (2:2) from recognised university in Social Sciences, Economics, Business administration.
- Extensive HR Generalist Experience no less than 12 years of which 5 years should be at managerial level
- Extensive relevant HR experience (generalist or specialist) gained in financial/professional services with multiple stakeholders (including matrix relationships);
- Extensive experience of operating in a business partner model, working with local managers to create positive business outcomes;
- Knowledge of current thinking in Human Resources issues and trends and evidence of Continuing Professional Development;
- Relevant experience gained of participating on business boards which govern strategy and decision making;
- Is personally credible, can provide examples and referees at senior levels /multiple disciplines across the organisation that validate HR expertise and how strategic aims have been met.
Skills and Competencies
- Is ready and able to take the initiative, originate action and be responsible for the consequences of the decisions made;
- Communicates challenges and influences a variety of stakeholders effectively. Ability to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others.
- Can draw from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behaviour change.
- Where necessary resolves highly charged, high-profile conflicts;
- Adapts and works effectively with a variety of situations, individuals or groups.
- Is able to understand and appreciate different and opposing perspectives on an issue, to adapt an approach as the requirements of a situation change, and to change or easily accept changes in one’s own organisation or job requirements.
- Builds strategic partnerships both within and outside of the organization.