Location : Victoria Island
Our client, a long standing player in the medical diagnostic sector in Nigeria is looking to hire a competent and result driven Senior HR Manager. The Senior HR Manager will advise and support management on strategic issues, support performance and talent management activities, lead and direct the routine functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including hiring and interviewing candidates, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and procedures. As such, the Senior HR manager is responsible for attracting, motivating, and retaining the most qualified talent by managing the administrative and strategic functions of the HR department. Due to the supervisory nature of this position, the Senior HR Manager is called upon to handle employee-related issues, regulatory compliance, change management, among many other tasks.
• Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
• Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
• Maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
• Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counselling employees and supervisors.
• Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
• Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
• Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
• Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Completes human resource operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
• Maintains human resource staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
• Maintains human resource staff job results by counselling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• A bachelor’s degree in Management, Administration or other Business/Personnel related courses.
• An MSc is an added advantage but not mandatory
• Possession of CIPM, SHRM, CIPD is an added advantage
• A minimum of 7 years Human Resource experience (minimum of 2 years Healthcare experience)
• Ability to design and implement strategies and policies
• Knowledge of organization design & change management
• Knowledge of culture and performance management
• Talent Management
• Ability to collaborate with key stakeholders
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
• Microsoft Office applications
• Recruitment and candidate selection
• Human Resources Management • Benefits Administration
• Performance Management and appraisal
• Communication Processes
• Compensation and Wage Structure
• Classifying Employees
• Knowledge of employment law