Our client is looking for a Senior Data Scientist who will be responsible for gathering, analyzing, processing, and modelling data which will be used to interpret results to create actionable plans for the organization
• Work with various stakeholders within the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions, and to identify issues and use data to propose solutions for effective decision making.
• Build algorithms and design experiments to merge, manage, interrogate and extract data to supply tailored reports to colleagues, customers or the wider organization.
• Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
• Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
• Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
• Develop a company A/B testing framework and test model quality.
• Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
• Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
• Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques and improve data collection methods.
• Create clear reports that tell compelling stories about how customers or clients work with the business.
• Look for opportunities to use insights/datasets/code/models across other functions in the organization
•Establish new systems and processes and look for opportunities to improve the flow of data.
• Evaluate new and emerging technologies.
• Interest in predicting trends and identifying patterns
• Ability to use statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
• Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks
Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications
• Communication & Presentation
• Logical thinking / reasoning
• Assertive and observant
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite & the Internet
• Tech-savvy. Generic Skills
• Stakeholder Management
• Detail orientation
• Good Interpersonal skills
• Time Management
• First degree or its equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, or other relevant fields; graduate degree in Data Science or another quantitative field is preferred. Minimum Experience
• 3 years relevant experience