Job Title: Senior Business Development Executive
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Salary: 350k – 400k gross
Our client, an oil and gas servicing company is looking to hire a senior Business Development Executive who will drive the growth of the organization by generating new business opportunities, evaluating the current performance of the business and finding new ways to help the business reach its full potential.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments
- Locate or propose potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Supervise and actively participate in the bidding process.
- Represent the company in stakeholder and client meetings with the sole goal of winning business opportunities.
- Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments.
- Develop negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners’ needs and goals.
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Protect the organizations value and opportunities by keeping information confidential.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
- Drive successful participation and submission of Project and opportunity Bids.
- Enhance organization’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or a related field
- At least (minimum) 5 years’ work experience in Oil & Gas sales, marketing or a related field
Skills & Competencies
- Tenacity and drive to seek new business and meet or exceed targets
- Ability to analyze sales figures and write reports
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good with IT, most importantly spreadsheets.
- A professional manner and presentable appearance for meeting customers
- Initiative and good decision making skills
- Project management skills Great organizational skills
- Good Networking skills