Job Location: Lagos Island
Our Client, a Finance & Technology (FinTech) company is seeking to hire a Research & Innovation Officer who will aid the company’s strategy by delivering innovation to provide better value for her customers by creating a FinTech ecosystem.
- Build our understanding of future financial needs through various forms of research.
- Craft new business model opportunities aligned with our strategy using our innovation methodology.
- Use experimentation to test identified opportunities in a creative way.
- Support and deliver partnerships with leading digital & technology players, financial services companies and FinTech firms.
- Attend industry events to represent the company and learn about emerging propositions to ensure the organization keeps pace with market developments.
- Assist and develop the business through strategic initiatives
- Drive improvements for business strategy/process and systems
- Coordinate key strategy sessions for the company
JOB COMPETENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Stakeholder management
- Cross-functional skills
- Strong Communication, Planning & Organizing skills.
- Knowledge of the Fintech Industry – Understanding Fintech trends and the market relevant to financial services (customer, competitor, technology). You should be able to logically consider how these might impact the industry and the company, given our specific strategy and positioning.
- Research, Insights, and Idea Generation – Ability to synthesise pieces of information to generate new insights and solutions creatively.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to analyse and holistically interpret information, using multiple data sources to evaluate outputs and performance. Able to synthesise and distil data to influence critical decisions and partners. Analyses and benchmarks internal data and performance with industry-standard methodology.
- Self Development – Ability to drive your own self-development whilst helping your teammates within the organization to do the same. Learning and development are at the heart of the team.
- Agile Ways of Working – Awareness of key agile ceremonies and sprint patterns aligned to delivering work in an agile approach.
- Business & Commercial Modelling – Good understanding of financial modelling and business case development.
- Enterprise and Emerging Technology – Demonstrate a general understanding of the key factors considered when deploying technology at scale across an organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Strategy, Business, STEM or Social Sciences.
- Relevant postgraduate (MSc, MBA) and/or professional qualifications would be an added advantage.
- 3 – 5 years of professional experience.