Job Location: Lekki Phase 1
Industry: Real Estate
Our Client, a real estate company, is looking to hire a Quantity Surveyor responsible for managing the contractual relationships between the various parties involved in any particular building project and ensuring that the financial position of construction projects is accurately reported and controlled effectively. The incumbent will be expected to estimate the costs of construction projects and work with contractors, builders, and architects to provide the most cost-effective plans that meet high-quality standards.
- Prepare cost analysis based on the architectural drawings, engineering estimates, materials required, and labour involved
- Identify potential financial or construction risks and develop means to mitigate them promptly
- Prepare cost plans to enable design teams to produce practical designs for construction projects, which involves liaising with architects, engineers, and subcontractors.
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities
- Evaluate tenders from contractors and subcontractors and, where appropriate, negotiate with the contractors.
- Control all stages of projects within a predetermined budget and expenditure.
- Monitor and keep track of project progress and track changes in plans or constructions; update budgets
- Develop and maintain working relationships with contractors and subcontractors
- Manage costs to make sure that the initial budget is not exceeded.
- Analyse completed projects to determine ROI and compare costs
- Document progress, construction materials, inventory, and report on projects.
- Advice on property taxes, regulations, and local laws
- First degree in quantity surveying, construction engineering, management, or related field (including an industrial placement. SC/ HND in Quantity Surveying or any other related course)
- A minimum of three (3) years of general construction estimating experience, financial experience, construction experience, or related field
- Negotiation skills
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to use/ learn how to use specialist software
- Able to interpret and analyze financial records and apply data to improve results