Job Title: Quality Control Officer/Medical Laboratory Scientist
Job Location: Lekki, Lagos
Salary: N230,000 Monthly Gross
Our client, an established medical diagnostics facility is seeking to hire for the role of Quality Control Officer/Medical Laboratory Scientist. The QCO/MLS will be responsible for maintaining the Laboratory’s Quality System; safety and quality assurance procedures, seeing to it that employees are properly trained and always complying with necessary rules and regulations.
- Perform analytical tests in the laboratory.
- Maintain smooth laboratory workflow.
- Obtain lab certifications and complete Quality Assurance/Quality Control assignments.
- Promote good customer relations with all organization’s clients.
- Sample collections quality monitoring.
- Update, revise, and maintain the Laboratory’s Quality Assurance Manual, Standard Operating Procedures, and other quality documents.
- Perform internal audits of the Laboratory, including both technical and quality systems audits.
- Perform and document corrective action, including follow-up monitoring to gauge the effectiveness of the corrective action.
- Perform analytical tests in the laboratory as assigned by the Laboratory Manager and immediately report any problems with tests, equipment or results to the Laboratory Manager.
- Follow all Quality Assurance/Quality Control procedures as outlined in the organization’s Laboratory Quality Assurance Manual.
- Assist Laboratory Manager with administrative duties as necessary including but not limited to the following:
- Generating and/or reviewing analytical reports
- Ordering lab supplies as needed
- Contacting lab customers
- Monitoring turn-around times
- Maintain the quality assurance of the laboratory by:
- Performing all QA/QC procedures for analytical tests
- Perform sterility testing on containers for environmental sampling
- Calibration of pipettes, thermometers, and other measuring equipment
- Develops, presents, and documents training programs for laboratory, operations, and field staff on quality assurance, analyses, and safety; develops training protocols, competency standards, and documentation requirements.
- Maintain good customer relations at all times, including:
- Maintaining a professional appearance
- Being polite and courteous to all clients in person and on the telephone
- Promoting the laboratory services
- Providing appropriate paperwork and containers to customers as needed
- Answering customer questions or direct questions to appropriate personnel
- Performs or directs internal audits of test methods to identify biases and areas for improvement.
- Coordinates or develops standard operating procedures for laboratory, operations, and field staff.
- Oversees writing and maintenance of the laboratory quality system manual and analytical standard operating procedures (SOPs) used by the laboratories.
- Reviews and approves laboratory reports (internal commercial) for quality assurance, accuracy, completeness, and reasonableness of data.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Science, chemistry, microbiology, toxicology and statistics, or a related field.
- 2 – 4 years experience as a Medical Laboratory Scientist or in a similar role.
- Computer-based laboratory information management systems (LIMS)
- HSE certifications
- Principles and practice of laboratory quality assurance and quality control
- Laboratory safety practices and procedures
- Federal and state regulations related to laboratory quality assurance and safety practice
- Adhering to Principles and Values
- Presenting and Communicating Information
- Applying Expertise and Technology
- Learning and Researching
- Planning and Organizing
- Analytical skills
- Data management processing techniques
- Modern office practices
- Must possess financial acumen and knowledge