JOB TITLE: Project Manager(6-months contract)
INDUSTRY: Food and beverages
Our client, a food and beverage industry is looking to hire a project manager who is tasked with performing various functions in ensuring an event is successfully taken from the planning stage to completion, coordinating and completing projects on time within budget and within scope. Oversee all aspects of projects, Set deadlines, assign responsibilities, and monitor and summarize the progress of the project. Prepare reports for upper management regarding the status of a project.
- Planning events from start to finish according to requirements, target audience, and objectives.
- Coming up with suggestions to enhance the event’s success.
- Preparing budgets and ensuring adherence
- Responsible for developing in-field strategy for ensuring hitch-free event project execution and maintenance of client relationships on a long-term basis.
- Coordinates his/her team and vendors in order to ensure that an event flows smoothly without a hitch until the end so as to meet organizational goals and expectations.
- Conceptualize and plan an event working in tandem with a dedicated team
- Select a venue for a client and hire vendors
- Negotiate costs with clients and vendors
- Ensure vendors deliver on their services as agreed
- Coordinate all operations on the day of the event
- Supervise staff and vendors
- Analyze the success of an event and prepare after-event reports
- Ensure prompt steps are taken to resolve any issue that may jeopardize the success of an event
- BA/BSc in any Social Science Discipline
- Possess proven experience as an event project manager
- Be computer savvy; showing proficiency in the use of MS Word and PowerPoint
- Effective communication skills in both written and spoken forms
- Effective negotiation skills will be of top priority
- Possess excellent customer service skills
- The ability to use the Internet for e-mail communication will be an added advantage
- Excellent organizational skills
- Possess remarkable problem-solving skills
- Must be an excellent team player with great interpersonal relationship skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Possess outstanding event planning skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Analytical mindset and problem-solving orientation