Our client, a social service centre/home for addiction, drug abuse and rehabilitation is seeking for a Competent PROGRAM DIRECTOR who will be responsible for Providing overall Program Management including; Planning, Implementing, Monitoring and Evaluation. Provide budgetary control. Ensure compliance of company’s Policies and Procedures. To have oversight on all program services to ensure that the goals and objective of the program is met at all times. Supervise all Professional Staff and Consultants.
This role reports to both the Advisory and Foundation board.
LOCATION: Lekki Phase 1, Lagos State Nigeria
- Plan, schedule, arrange, direct and oversee Drug Rehabilitation facility to ensure optimum operation.
- Establish program development objectives and conduct ongoing analysis of effectiveness.
- Oversee a strong post rehab monitoring and evaluation program. This will include initiating an alumni mentor program that will allow graduates to continue to be involved in the recovery process to assist them to maintain their sobriety.
- Identify and evaluate risks to the program: people (clients, staff, management, and volunteers), property, finances, goodwill, and image; and implement measures to control risks
- Network with other relevant agencies (NDLEA, UNODC, SAMHSA, Ministry of Health, etc.) to stay abreast of the latest information on drug abuse prevention, best practices in recovery treatment and awareness information.
- Ensure all staff and program services are in compliance with legal and ethical standards as set by local regulatory agencies, organizational standards and international best practices.
- Give final approval for clients on or before admission and design appropriate treatment procedures, set individual objectives regarding rehabilitation.
- Develop and implement fundraising strategies to secure adequate funding for the operations of the program while also working towards raising funds for expansion of the program. E.g. organization and facilities in other cities
- Approve service operating & capital budgets and monitor expenditures to compliance with approved budgetary constraints.
- Prepare and submit monthly performance achievement report based on established goal(s) and objectives to the Executive Director and Board of Directors
- Track progress of clients to ensure coordinated implementation of treatment plans, service utilization and to ensure on time completion of the program
- Establish a network of agencies, programs and medical facilities in this field to widen service provision and ensure continuity in type and level of client care.
- Ensure that an effective Advocacy strategy for the organisation is implemented.
- Liaise with all the medical consultants involved in treatment to ensure sound rehabilitation and recovery of clients.
- Recruit, and conduct performance appraisal for program staff, recommend trainings for staff and ensure on-going professional development for program staff.
Work closely with Executive Director and Advisory Board to ensure program success at all levels.
- Program/Project Management, Management Proficiency, Addiction Treatment, knowledge of Grant writing and fundraising.
- Solid Financial, organizational and administrative skills, with a proven ability to prioritize work with attention to detail.
- Excellent writing and editing skills: the ability to draft and edit reports, memos, and letters.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: the ability to successfully and effectively liaise with a variety of people in a sensitive cultural work environment.
- Flexible work attitude: the ability to work productively in a team environment and the ability to solve problem with minimal guidance
- Competence with Windows software applications (skills: MS Word, Excel, Power Point)
|Technical Skills Computer literacy Good report-writing skills Knowledge and experience in various therapeutic orientations and treatment modalities with gender specificity – women Competence with Windows software applications (skills: MS Word, Excel, Power Point)||Managerial Skills Entrepreneurial Creativity balanced with critical thinking Strategic thinking Problem solving Judgment and decision making Attention to detail||Interpersonal Skills Good verbal communication and presentation skills Professional yet warm and friendly attitude Able to maintain a positive collaborative relationship among staff Cultural sensitivity Crisis intervention and conflict resolution skills Calm under pressure|
- 5-10 years’ experience in senior management in a non profit/development organization.
- 5 years’ experience in a substance treatment program thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods.
- Experience in Fundraising, grant sourcing and management.
- Excellent marketing skills.
- Proven experience as a program director or other managerial positions
- Post graduate degree in relevant field medicine or medical sciences, public health, social work, psychiatry, psychology, public policy.
- 5 years in Program Management / Implementation preferably in the non-governmental sector related; commitment to health and social issue.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: the ability to successfully and effectively work with a variety of people in a multi sensitive-cultural environment.