Our client, a leading manufacturing company, seeks to hire a Production Manager. The ideal candidate will work with all members of the Globe spin Team – Operations, Engineering, Sales and Procurement to ensure that production is completed as efficiently as possible.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- plan and draw up a production schedule
- Decide on and order the resources that are required and ensure stock levels remain adequate
- select equipment and take responsibility for its maintenance
- set the quality standards
- Ensure that the production will be cost effective by estimating costs and negotiating and agreeing budgets with both clients and managers
- Monitor the production processes and adjust schedules as needed
- monitor productivity rates and product standards and implement quality control programs
- organize the repair of any damaged equipment
- Ensure that health and safety guidelines are followed at all times
- Ensure customer orders are completed on time and to budget and that quality standards and targets are met
- work with managers to implement the company’s policies and goals
- collate and analyses data, putting together production reports for both factory managers and customers
- supervise and motivate a team of workers
- Review worker performance and identify training needs.
- performs other job functions as directed by the Operation Directors that are within the scope of his operations.
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- At least 5 years or more previous production planning / scheduling experience gained within a low/medium volume, high complexity manufacturing environment, along with proven success in improving processes in Sanitary or Diaper industry.
- Evidence of excellent communication and interpersonal skills at all levels.
- Experience and understanding of Operation and maintenance.
- flexible and adaptable approach to changing work schedules and business needs and remaining steady and reliable under pressure.
N250,000 net per month.