Job Title: Procurement Officer (Health Care)
Job Location: Lagos
Salary: N200K – N250K
The Procurement Officer will be responsible for processing purchasing transactions for equipment, materials, supplies, capital goods, and services. They will also be responsible for providing constant updates to customers.
- Process purchase requisitions / orders on the purchasing system AX in line with Standard Operating Procedures(SOP’s)
- Complete the Request For Quotations (RFQ)process on AX for all items not listed on a price list and provide quotes to the respective customers
- Invite, assess, and award/recommend supplier bids/quotations based on the results from the RFQ process
- Prepare and maintain purchasing reports for activities within a specific region as requested
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to determine procurement needs, quality, and delivery requirements for items that are not listed on a price list
- Assist in the development of specifications for equipment, materials, and services to be purchased
- Reconcile or resolve value discrepancies for ad hoc purchases
- Comply with and maintain knowledge of applicable rules, legislation, regulations, standards, and best practices
- Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with colleagues and management
- Ensure backorders are addressed in a timely manner and all relevant stakeholders are informed immediately
- Handle all queries from customers and ensure resolution is found and communicated effectively
- Be the single point of contact for the customers in handling any requirements regarding stock, equipment and service related purchases
- Minimum of HND in warehousing or management science.
- Professional qualification in purchasing and supply chain management
- 2-3 Yrs Management Experience
- Sound Knowledge of relevant statutory legislation
- Purchasing or Accounting Qualification
- Knowledge of business processes
- Ability to think on your feet
- Knowledge of the following computer systems Meditech, Collaborator, Intranet
- Ability to work on own initiative and generate Solutions.
- Highly organized and well coordinated.
- Proactive and forward thinking