Job Title: Pre-School Teacher Trainee
Reports to: Learning Director
Location: Lekki, Lagos State
Salary: 150-200k net
Our client, a Montessori School is looking to hire a pre-school teacher trainee who will direct his/her students’ activities academically, spiritually, emotionally, and physically in a prepared Montessori environment, that challenges each child to reach his/her fullest potential in these developmental areas. In accordance with Montessori philosophy and procedures for the age group in which a Montessori diploma is held, the ideal candidate will lead the students towards the fulfillment of the school’s vision as a learner’s Paradise. The ideal candidate will also be responsible for implementing the curriculum built on a 21st-century learning framework, with a biblical worldview, upholding the integrity of Montessori principles and practice.
- Observation – scientific observation of student activities, learning and development
- Planning and Development – planning for each child’s development across all domains – spiritual, cognitive, language and communication, functional performance, social and emotional. Also, participating in the planning of school-wide programs and events
- Prepared Environment – creating, maintaining and repairing the classroom materials.
- Implementation – curriculum delivery
- Record-Keeping – keeping records of children’s learning and activities
- Assessments and Reports –Assessing and writing reports on the child’s progress.
- Community Building – communicating with and establishing a positive relationship with existing and prospective parents, colleagues.
- Intervention – Leading the implementation of the intervention plan for students with additional learning needs
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in an authentic Montessori early childhood environment
- Montessori diploma from a MACTE accredited program for the specific age group
- Registered with Teacher’s Registration Council of Nigeria, TRCN
- Must hold a minimum of a bachelor’s degree or a post-graduate degree in Education from an accredited college or university
- Instructing – Possesses an engaging instructional manner i.e. can engage others to direct them on practical skills
- Learning Strategies – Follows instructional methods and procedures given for the situation when new things are to be taught
- Active Listening – Gives full attention to what others are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Knowledge of Montessori philosophy and methods of instruction
- Critical Thinking – Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
CORE COMPANY SUCCESS TRAITS
- Passion – for the advancement of God’s kingdom through education, for teaching and learning, and for Montessori principles/practice.
- Integrity – honesty and transparency
- Responsible autonomy – self-starting and able to deliver responsibilities with a high level of independence
- Creative intelligence – resourceful and a problem solver
- Competence – Excellence, effectiveness and efficiency in the delivery of core duties.