Salary: 700k net
The PR and Communications Manager will be responsible for building and sustaining relationships with members of the local and international press, implement the agreed-upon PR and Comms strategies regarding the business’ internal and external communications, marketing, public relations, and events across the Group.
• Effectively improve and cultivate the organisations and its entities relationships with all local and international media and its publics and develop appropriate responses to “crisis situations.”
• Create a media plan and implement a strategy for proactively cultivating positive corporate relationships with the media.
• Crisis Management – Deal with crisis management by developing a crisis management policy and executing its strategy effectively. Anticipate and proactively deal with potential issues happening by scanning the various media including print, online, and electronic
• Ensure consistency of responses to issues across the business as well as aligning these with the business strategy.
• Corporate positioning (for internal and external stakeholders) – Direct and oversee the positioning of the group and its entities to include senior executives and the various MDs of the entities. Also ensure internal communication is carried out to staff and all relevant teams within the organization
• Client communication – Assess, evaluate, and provide input to client communication. Develop core messages and operational Q&As to support the Client experience team with the introduction of new customer products and services for its frontline employees.
• Online communication – Develop and manage a strategy to deal with issues on all online platforms Develop an approach to respond to blogs and publications that are critical to the company and its subsidiaries.
• Stakeholder Management – Identify those that are critical to business success. Plan for, and manage an engagement approach to strengthen relations with stakeholders. Alignment of stakeholder engagement with business and communications strategy and priorities
• Oversee and produce, from concept to completion, a broad array of digital and/or print promotional and communication materials for the organization.
• Ensures that all materials present a clear, unified, and positive image for the organization and/or brand.
• Developed press releases, analyses, and feature articles to communicate corporate milestones, product launches, corporate campaigns, and new developments, among others.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Manage all the following communications with customer, the general public and with government and relevant regulatory authorities.
• Manage all media-related activities.
• Articulate and manage the organisations activities and project them adequately.
• Take charge of the organisations and others responses to media-related crisis.
• Ensure the organisations consistently get favorable press mention in line with its overall marketing strategy.
• Establish a non-aligned blog on investment and strategically use it to project AISL with content from the researcher.
• Nurture and grow a community of Tech bloggers or writers if necessary that write consistently and strategically project the organisations in a positive light.
• Consistently organize focus groups to test experience and provide feedback on our products, services, and new releases.
• Hold regular events to support and promote the organisations and consistently build relationships, partnerships, and alliances.
• Manage brand ambassadors, and influencers on behalf of the organisations
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
• First degree in a related field
• Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in journalism, political science, communications, marketing or a related field)
• Minimum 5 years of corporate communication experience
• In-depth understanding of Stakeholder communication and issue management strategies
• Consistent delivery of quantifiable results in stakeholder communication
• Track record of leveraging senior-level relationships
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills and a flair for writing
• Knowledge and understanding of all media including social media
• Project management experience
• Knowledge and understanding of the broadcasting environment
• Crisis management experience including media and employee communication
• Ability to translate business understanding into communication interventions
• Strong relationship and interpersonal skills
• Client engagement
• People and supplier management.