JOB TITLE: Personal Assistant to the MD
INDUSTRY: Oil and Gas
LOCATION: Lagos, Nigeria
SALARY: N400,000 monthly
To provide Strategic, Administrative and Personal assistance to the Managing Director/Chief Executive in ensuring the overall efficiency of tasks and deliverables required to promote results and competence within his schedule.
• Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Managing Director including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments, plan, coordinate and ensures the Managing Director’s schedule is followed and respected; acts in a “gatekeeper” capacity, creating win-win situations for direct access to CEO’s time and office.
• Communicates with the general staff on the MD/CE’s behalf and coordinates logistics with high-level meetings both internally and externally. Coordinates meetings and strategic activities with the Stakeholders, The Management Team, and Board of Directors.
• Communicates directly and on behalf of the MD/CE with Board members, donors, foundation staff, associate and others on matters as directed by the MD/CE.
• Represent the MD/CE in Strategic and Administrative meetings.
• Responsible for taking minutes of meetings on behalf of the MD/CE.
• Drafts reports, letters, proposals; prepares and coordinates oral and written communication with associates and partners.
• Supports MD/CE in his external commitments.
• Composing and preparing correspondence; monitors and responds to emails; researches required information or background on organizations and individuals.
• Sets up meeting files, scheduling and calendaring meetings, sets meeting agendas, setting location, time, and appropriate duration, identifying, inviting and confirming participants, facility arrangements where required.
• Prepare travel arrangements, expense reports, and all items needed to ensure the Managing Director’s successful focus on external relations and organizational growth.
• Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Managing Director, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Consult with the CEO in determining appropriate course of action, referral or response.
• Provide a bridge for clear communication and maintain credibility, trust and support between the office of the Managing Director and staff.
• Work closely and effectively with the Managing Director to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, and follows up appropriately. Acts as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the internal and external environments and keep the CEO updated.
• Draft acknowledgement and thank you letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the organization. Prioritize conflicting needs; handle all matter expeditiously, proactively, and follow through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
• Manage the Managing Director’s office ensuring the proper documentation and record keeping on behalf of the CEO.
• Filter general information, queries, phone calls and invitations to the MD by redirecting or taking forward such contact as appropriate.
• Occasionally travelling with Managing Director to take notes or dictation at meetings or to provide general assistance during business trips.
• Deputizing for the Managing Director, making decisions and delegating work to others in his absence.
• Ensure the Managing Director is fully briefed on, or prepared for engagements he is involved in.
• The job holder may be required to perform other ad-hoc tasks that may be deemed necessary.
• Minimum of 2.2 Bachelors
• Professional certifications in Human Resource from any of Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM) Nigeria, or its overseas equivalent (e.g. HR Certification Institute (HRCI), Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) USA, Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD) UK
• 7+ years post qualification experience in similar organization
• Corporate and HR planning, Strategy and implementation skills
• Communication skills (Written, Verbal, Presentation)
• Resourcing and Talent Management
• Organizational design and development
• Leadership skills
• Relationship & performance and career management
• Conflict resolution and mediation
• Employee Engagement and people management
• Contract management, Service Level Agreement (SLA) management