JOB TITLE: Operational Excellence Manager
LOCATION: Lekki Phase 1, Lagos
The Operational Excellence Manager is responsible for ensuring that all aspects of operations adhere to established standard procedures and existing/emerging best practice. The position upholds three operations pillars – effectiveness, efficiency, and excellence. This role involves monitoring operations, identifying deviations from standard procedure, collecting data, and analyzing the root causes of operational ineffectiveness and/or inefficiencies. The manager will also be responsible for developing and updating standard operating procedures (SOPs) and systems documentation to optimize operational performance.
- Work with various departments to standardize processes across the organization.
- Oversee day-to-day operations to ensure they meet quality standards, organizational objectives, and standard operating procedures.
- Work closely with other managers and teams to align operations across the organization.
- Facilitate communication and cooperation between departments/organizations to ensure objectives are met.
- Regularly review and update standard operating procedures to reflect best practices and organizational changes.
- Ensure all operations comply with legal, regulatory, and internal standards and policies.
- Monitor operational performance indicators to identify areas of non-compliance or inefficiency.
- Investigate operational issues and analyze data to identify root causes of non-compliance or poor performance.
- Develop and implement action plans to address identified issues.
- Prepare regular reports on operational performance and compliance.
- Develop, deploy, and maintain comprehensive systems documentation, process maps and standard operating procedures (SOPs) across different departments and organizations.
- Identify areas where new procedures or updates to existing procedures are needed to improve operational efficiency or compliance.
- Develop and deliver training programs on standard operating procedures and best practices
- Establish and maintain effective relationships and networks with internal and external stakeholders and community representatives to promote and support the organizations’ vision, mission and activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Operations Management, or a related field
- Proven experience in operations management, with a strong background in systems and procedures development.
- Experience with creating and managing documentation and SOPs.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a team-lead position
- Strategic, analytical and systems thinking
- Knowledge of all the organizations’ technology tools and platforms.
- Proficiency in data analysis and performance metrics
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- High level of proficiency in the use of software tools/apps for creating high-level data analysis and reports
- Independent research skills