Job Location: Lekki
Reports to: Executive Director
The Museum/Project Manager is responsible for delivering the museum’s vision and executing its mission. This involves engaging all past, existing and potential stakeholders and ensuring the highest level of the social impact of the museum’s operational values. Developing and strengthening strategic relationships with potential and existing stakeholders, including donors, boards, parents, volunteers, schools, regulating agencies and professional/accrediting associations. Developing and steering programs/initiatives to actualize the museum’s vision and objectives, and working with staff and volunteers to implement said initiatives/programs. Developing the museum’s brand through the implementation of a strong and sustainable branding strategy. Developing and managing programs/initiatives to guarantee the financial stability of the
- Strategic Planning: working with the board of trustees and the executive Director to develop short and long term strategic plans to actualize the museum’s vision, mission and objectives
- Be the face and the voice of the museum with all potential and existing stakeholders across all communication platforms, including phone calls, visits, emails and social media
- Keep the board updated with regular organization status reports and ensure their participation across several areas, leveraging on their relationships, contacts and expertise.
- Ensure stewardship of past, current and prospective donors through personal visits, articulate correspondence, timely gift acknowledgements, and strategic administration of naming opportunities. Develop relationships with schools, businesses and the community in order to raise the profile of the museum
- Create, source and capture compatible content to run promotions and campaigns- beautiful photos and video clips, write great features, quotes, hashtags, headlines, posters, adverts, et cetera, to engage and inform our stakeholders
- Develop, lead and deliver a pro-active online presence for the museum. This includes implementing social media concepts and content using the most effective platforms – Website, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, blogs and other social media networking opportunities professionally, and driving traffic to them
- Provide leadership to the museum’s staff and volunteers
- Oversee the running of the museum’s operations and the museum’s calendar .
- Hold staff meetings, workshops, and Museum related activities as required
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Educational Leadership, Business Administration, or related field required.
- Certifications and/or additional degree in education and/or strategy, marketing and related fields
- Knowledge of patterns of human thinking and behaviour
- Knowledge of current traditional and digital marketing channels, technologies, and tools
- Knowledge of funding strategies
- Experience managing and using data for marketing purposes
- Strong project management skills will be key as we have several new and ongoing organizational initiatives. An ability to manage projects with two or more stakeholders using a collaborative and professional approach and to operate well under pressure
- Significant supervisory, managerial, and budgetary responsibility experience.
- Public relations, and corporate communications experience.
- A minimum of three years working experience in public relations, communications, marketing, and implementing a comprehensive strategic development program that advances an organizational mission in the education sector