Job Title: Montessori Teacher (Female)
Location: Lekki, Lagos State.
Our client, a reputable Montessori School is seeking to hire a competent and qualified Montessori Teacher. The candidate will help direct students’ activities academically, emotionally, and physically in a prepared Montessori environment that challenges each child to reach his/her full potential in these developmental areas, in accordance with Montessori philosophy and procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develops lesson plans and manages the learning experiences for students to ensure the needs of the groups and individual students are met.
- Assists students toward self-directed learning and normalization.
- Maintains a neat, well organized, and attractive prepared environment consistent with Montessori pedagogy.
- Participates in professional activities designated by the Head of School, which may include workshops, curriculum retreats, meetings, grade reporting, planning, and other professional pursuits.
- Attends all pre-announced staff meetings and professional sessions, including staff, level, committee and, evening parent meetings.
- Works to develop close and effective relationships with parents, including opportunities to discuss and understand the child’s individual progress; encourages them to bond with both the class and the larger school community; provides individualized tracking of student progress.
- Participates in the admissions process, speaking from time to time with prospective families at the request of the Head of School.
- Follows the school’s policies and procedures for student evaluation and record keeping, meeting all due dates as required; includes the administration of standardized tests (if applicable).
- Assesses the needs of the class and prepares requests for materials, furnishings, framework of the budgeting process; updates inventory list and submits to Head of School on last day of school.
Education & Experience:
- MACTE Montessori trained and certified
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Education or any related field.
- Minimum of 3 to 4 years’ experience as a traditional classroom teacher for ages 6-9.
- Previous experience in teaching in a Montessori setting preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge and skill in instructional principles, methods and techniques of Montessori program.
- Skill in obtaining, clarifying and exchanging information
- Skill in classroom management
- Skill in handling student discipline
- Ability to organize and coordinate activities
- Ability to serve as role model and treat students as individuals in a professional manner
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of people in a multi-cultural, diverse setting
- Ability to make supplementary Montessori materials for classroom
- Ability to fully participate as a team member in a professional learning community
- Ability to embrace and incorporate the Montessori philosophy