Our client, an authentic Montessori school with over 10 years of existence, fostering on the journey of discovery and growth of children from 16 months to 6th grade with French Immersion in a specially prepared environment designed to advance independence, curiosity, imagination, integrity, respect, and responsibility, is seeking to employ a competent Montessori Directress who is efficient, friendly, hardworking, proactive, calm and patient, a responsible teacher who is ready to learn and can bring out the best in children.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To teach and educate students according to the educational needs, abilities and attainment potential of individual students and groups of students entrusted to his/her care by the School management.
- Providing oral and written assessments, reports relating to individual students or groups of students’ development;
- Able to communicate effectively and efficiently with parents about their child’s progress and needs;
- Able to conduct Parent-Teacher Conferences;
- Participating in arrangements within an agreed national framework for the appraisal of students’ performance;
- Promoting the general progress and well-being of individual students, groups of students or class entrusted to him/her;
- Providing guidance and advice to students on educational and social matters;
- Planning, preparing and delivering lessons to all students in the class;
- Adopting and working toward the implementation of the school development plan
- Minimum academic qualification of Bachelor’s Degree, etc.
- Minimum of 2-year experience in similar role
- Montessori certified (desirable)
- Must be able to handle kids
- Computer literate and have experience with software like MS Office (MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word, specifically) and MS Teams
- Strong organization skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Natural love for children
- Multi-task and manage multiple situations effectively
- Strong desire to make a difference every day.
Job Category: Education Teaching and Training
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lagos