Job Title: Montessori Directress
The Montessori Guide (Directress) directs his/her students’ activities academically, spiritually, emotionally, and physically in a prepared Montessori environment that challenges each child to reach his/her fullest potential in these developmental areas, in accordance with Montessori philosophy and procedures for the age group in which a Montessori diploma is held. The ideal candidate will provide guidance and work cohesively with students to create a collaborative community. To ensure an optimal learning environment, you will lead the preparation of the learning environments in the classroom, safety initiatives, and communication with parents.
- Observation – scientific observation of student activities, learning and development
- Planning and Development – planning for each child’s development across all domains – spiritual, cognitive, language and communication, functional performance, social and emotional. Also, participating in the planning of school-wide programs and events
- Prepared Environment – creating, maintaining and repairing the classroom materials.
- Implementation – curriculum delivery
- Record Keeping – keeping records of children’s learning and activities
- Assessments and Reports –Assessing and writing reports on the child’s progress.
- Community Building – communicating with and establishing a positive relationship with existing and prospective parents, colleagues.
- Intervention – Leading the implementation of the intervention plan for students with additional learning needs.
- Must hold a minimum of a bachelor’s degree or a post-graduate degree in Education from an accredited college or university
- Registered with Teacher’s Registration Council of Nigeria, TRCN
- Montessori diploma from a MACTE accredited program for the specific age group
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in an authentic Montessori early childhood environment
- Possesses an engaging instructional manner i.e. can engage others to direct them on practical skills
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Knowledge of Montessori philosophy and methods of instruction
- Knowledge of child growth/development and child behavior characteristics
- Curriculum Implementation
- Follows instructional methods and procedures given for the situation when new things are to be taught