JOB TITLE: Mechanical Technician
LOCATION: Port Harcourt
Mechanical technicians are highly skilled workers who install, repair and maintain a wide range of mechanical systems. Mechanical technicians optimize the performance of mechanical products,
machinery, and equipment. They design mechanical products, analyze performance results, and
maintain mechanical equipment and machinery.
• Assisting the mechanical engineer with mechanical design and maintenance tasks.
• Installing and performing diagnostic tests on mechanical systems.
• Developing and implementing mechanical maintenance plans to prevent costly equipment breakdowns.
• Troubleshooting mechanical malfunctions and breakdowns, as well as performing repairs.
• Documenting processes and maintaining mechanical service records.
• Monitoring the availability of parts and replenishing supplies.
• Optimizing mechanical efficiency by adjusting machinery and equipment settings.
• Training co-workers on the safe and efficient use of mechanical machinery and equipment.
• Maintaining a tidy work environment and adhering to industry regulations
• Graduate in Mechanical Engineering
• 5-6 years’ experience in similar fields
• Experience in Maintenance of Process and Packaging
• Extensive knowledge of mechanical engineering designs, installations, maintenance, and repairs.
• Proficiency in mechanical design and diagnostic testing software.
• Exceptional analytical, critical thinking skills
• Excellent problem-solving abilities.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
• Great organizational and time management abilities.
• Willingness to perform mechanical maintenance and repairs outside of business hours