JOB TITLE: Marketing Specialist
INDUSTRY: Retail Beverage (Alcoholic wines)
LOCATION: Surulere, Lagos
The marketing specialist will be responsible for promoting the products and services of the company to consumers. The role involves developing and executing marketing plans. The Marketing Specialist will also be responsible for creating and managing the budget for sales and marketing activities.
• Understand and articulate the company’s products and services to customers and prospects
• Developing and executing sales plans that deliver against monthly, quarterly and annual targets
• Developing and implementing marketing campaigns, including conducting market research, creating advertisements, and making presentations
• Identifying target consumers and developing marketing and sales strategies based on their needs.
• Managing websites, brochures, flyers, or other printed materials used in promotions.
• Identifying potential clients and building relationships with them through phone calls, emails, and face-to-face meetings.
• Establishing pricing for products based on market conditions and competitor pricing.
• Creating a budget for a campaign and maintaining records of expenses and revenues.
• Engaging in post-marketing activities such as follow-up communication with customers to ensure satisfaction with products or services.
• Working in a variety of settings, including retail stores, offices, and warehouses. You may be required to travel to meet with clients or attend conferences.
• Leveraging market intelligence and insights to identify trends and recommend strategies to improve performance.
• Provide accurate forecasting and reporting of pipeline and opportunity status.
• Stay up-to-date on industry trends, competitive landscape, and customer needs
• Participate in trade shows, webinars, and other events to generate leads and build awareness.
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of sales processes, tools, and templates.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field
• Minimum of 5 years professional experience in sales and marketing, preferably in an agency or the wines and spirits industry
• Demonstrated ability to increase sales and grow revenue
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong project management and organizational skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office