Our client an asset management company (a subsidiary of the finance group) is looking to hire an experienced and qualified Managing Director. The candidate will be leading, formulating and implementing strategies for achievement of company’s quantitative and qualitative goals.
• Develop and implement an appropriate management structure for the company by providing strong leadership through an initial period of change
• Provide leadership to the Management Services senior team, setting and maintaining an inspiring direction in line with company’s vision and strategy.
• Drive the ‘people agenda’ with support from HR
• Effectively communicate group strategy, policies and results within area of responsibility both internally and externally
• Develop and actively manage the Company’s relationships with investment partners, contractors, operators and clients
• Review the senior team’s performance and put in place appropriate development and training for staff
• Ensure the operation of the business are in line with regulatory standards
• Continually ensure that practices, policies and strategy are in accordance with the Company’s CSR objectives and actively participate in identifying ways to minimise the environmental impact of operations
• Lead the annual budget and plan process
• Devise practical plans and set objectives for management teams to secure measurable improvements, including achievement of financial targets relating to investment, cash flow and profit
• Implement ongoing asset management strategy that both reduces risk and focuses on the delivery of enhancements in operational performance, leading ultimately to real improvements in portfolio performance
• Establish an agreed IT strategy for the company and implement it throughout the business, including responsibility for the selection, implementation and management
Qualifications & Requirements:
• First Degree or its equivalent in related disciplines from a reputable tertiary institution. A Post Graduate Degree in related disciplines will be an added advantage.
• Minimum of 10 years relevant experience of which at least five (5) must have been at a strategic management level
• Membership of a relevant professional association e.g. ICAN, CIS etc
• A ‘rounded’ senior manager with significant operational experience in a similar position; from a finance, commercial, construction, FM / service provider or property background
• Experience in people management and raising performance standards and dealing with challenging performance issues
• Proven record of leading and managing high performance teams
• Experience of dealing and negotiating with private and public sector partners
• Developing and delivering business strategies
• Experienced in leading geographically spread teams and working collaboratively to achieve objectives