Job Title: Loan Officer
Location: Marina, Lagos
Our client a microfinance bank is seeking a competent loan officer who will be expected to develop and generate business by reaching out to prospective clients.
- Source for new clients through promotion and assist prospective clients with loan applications.
- Preparation and presentation of loan proposals to credit and risk assessment committee.
- Portfolio management with full responsibility for its growth and quality (monitoring of disbursed loans, follow up on timely repayment, initiating and leading recovery activities, etc.).
- Effective relationship management through high client satisfaction, reaching a high ratio of revolving clients.
- Collection of detailed information (personal, business, and guarantees) in preparation of loan proposals as well as thorough evaluation and assessment of loan applications.
- Analyzing and interpreting financial statements of businesses, to access the repayment capacity and financial soundness of the loan applicants.
- Evaluate loan applications and documentation by confirming credit worthiness.
- Sales of retail products and services to potential customers by making proactive sales effort.
- Improve loan applications and documentation by informing applicants of additional requirements.
- Rejects loans by explaining deficiencies to applicants.
- Analyses the financial viability of clients who seek to acquire loans for homes and businesses.
- Conducts preliminary interviews with loan applicants.
- Gives recommendations to clients on the type of lending program they should avail, including term and payment schedule.
- Review all loan documents and agreements to make sure these are all complete, valid, and according to the bank’s guidelines.
- Approve or disapprove loan applications based on merit and level of financial viability.
- Meet with clients who have difficulty keeping up with the loan amortization schedule and adopt a proactive position to win/win solutions.
- Help customers by answering questions; responding to requests.
- Maintain customer confidence by keeping loan information confidential.
- Candidates should possess B.Sc Degree in any field
- Must have 1- 5 years experience in Microfinance Banking and loan administration.
- Must have a flair for Sales/Marketing
- Good communication skills
- Very smart and articulate
Job Category: Banking Marketing Sales
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lagos