Job role: Lead, Compliance
Location: Lagos Island
Reports to: Managing Director
Our client, a leading financial institution is looking to hire a competent Compliance lead who will be responsible for ensuring the company’s partners align with the compliance requirements of the various regulators by reviewing what the compliance requirements are from the regulators, creating a program for our partners, and carrying out periodic reviews, tracking, and training.
• Develop and implement an effective compliance program for the business
• Create sound internal controls and monitor adherence to them
• Draft and revise company policies
• Proactively audit processes, practices and documents to identify weaknesses
• On-boarding counterparty due diligence
• Transactional monitoring
• Assist in the risk-assessment of proposed products, markets and counterparties (clients, partners and affiliates)
• Sanctions screening
• Suspicious activity identification, monitoring and reporting
• Facilitating client & partner (supplier) diligence; on-boarding and relationship risk management processes, particularly in collection and analysis of due diligence for counterparty verification (i.e. KYC/CDD).
• Conducting and/or overseeing compliance reviews and audits including KYC refreshes on counterparties and partners.
• Ensuring clients are within legal and risk parameters and not undertaking Money Laundering or criminal activities.
• Identifying, managing & escalating suspected and actual money laundering, sanctions breaches and fraud cases.
• Ensuring the compliance control framework remains aligned with external legislation.
• Undertake detailed resolution work regarding compliance issues, queries and concerns raised internally.
• Promoting and providing advice on best compliance practice within critical business areas.
• Ability to deal with a diverse range of tasks, requiring stakeholder management while meeting deadlines.
• Engage with law-enforcement, NFIU, and Regulators including the CBN, NSE, SEC and NAICOM as/if appropriate.
• Keep up to date with compliance legislation and regulation
• Undertake assigned Compliance project work ad-hoc (e.g.
Fraud, monitoring, screening).
• Understanding of the Banking, Investment, and Insurance Regulatory Landscape
• Knowledge of global compliance best practice
• Excellent analytical skills and ability to accurately interpret complex documents and policies
• Strong time management and organizational skills and able to meet deadlines
• Should have a strong moral code and sense of ethics
• Good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
• First degree or its equivalent in law or similar discipline
• 3 years relevant experience
• Chartered membership of relevant bodies