Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Industry: Insurance Brokerage
Pay: N3.72M (Annual gross)
Our client, an Insurance Brokerage Firm is looking to hire for the role of Business Development Executive. The BDE will assist with the development and execution of appropriate marketing and business development strategies to support the achievement of sustainable profitability and market growth. He/ She will provide relevant marketing and client insights that will ease and facilitate the successful creation and execution of clients market expansion objectives
- Build long-term relationships, sustenance, and deepen business relationships with both new and existing clients.
- Arrange business development meetings with prospective clients.
- Market Insurance products and services to High Net-worth Individuals, Retails, and Corporate Organizations.
- Prospect and execute bidding opportunities in the Oil & Gas and Public Sector.
- Work with the Technical Department on the renewal of existing clients and claims handling.
- Conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs.
- Collaborate with the team in the execution of social media and digital Marketing Strategies.
- Maintain business profitability and ensure compliance with all regulatory directives and NAICOM guidelines.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports on the department’s marketing and business development activities for the Managing Director and provide monthly reports to the Business Development Manager.
- Conduct research on potential clients’ insurance needs and communicate appropriate proposals.
- Work with the technical department to send quotations to various insurance companies as directed by the management for competitive outcomes.
- Provide feedback and after-sales support to the clients.
- Liaise with the relevant Business-Unit to prepare client sales and business development plan, budget, and targets, ensuring alignment with the company’s budget priorities and corporate strategy.
- Assist the Business Development Manager in setting the objectives by which the department implements its approved strategic plans, budget, and targets.
- Develop a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction.
- Keep records of sales, revenue, invoices, etc.
- Promote the company’s products/services addressing or predicting clients’ objectives.
- Meet and exceed sales goals.
- Understand Clients’ needs and offer solutions and support; answer potential client’s questions and follow-up call questions, and respond to client requests for proposals.
- Collaborate with management on sales goals, planning, and forecasting.
• Minimum of 2.2 Bachelors
• Experience-5 years’ experience minimum specifically as an Insurance Broker
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Marketing project management and delivery
- Industry/market knowledge
- Communication (written, verbal, & presentation)
- Business and market intelligence
- Negotiation and Persuasion
- Client and stakeholder engagement
- Problem solving
- Development of creative promotional materials
- People development and management
- Insurance product knowledge and Marketing Skills
- Proficiency in the use of Micro Soft word, Excel and power point.
- Social media & digital Marketing skills