Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Our client, an Insurance Brokerage Firm is looking to hire for the role of Business Development Executive. The BDE will assist with the development and execution of appropriate marketing and business development strategies to support the achievement of sustainable profitability and market growth. He/ She will provide relevant marketing and client insights that will ease and facilitate the successful creation and execution of clients market expansion objectives
• Liaises with the relevant Business-Unit to prepare client sales and business development plan, budget and targets ensuring that they are in line with the company’s budget priorities, corporate strategy.
• Assists the Business Development Manager in setting the objectives by which the department implements its approved strategic plans, budget and targets.
• Develop a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction.
• Conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs.
• Build long-term relationships with new and existing customers.
• Keep records of sales, revenue, invoices etc
• Promote the company’s products/services addressing or predicting clients’ objective.
• Provide feedback and after-sales support.
• Arranging business development meetings with prospective clients.
• Prepares monthly reports on the department’s marketing and business development activities to the Business Development Manager
• Meeting and exceeding sales goals.
• Understanding Clients needs and offering solution and support by answering potential client’s questions and follow-up call questions. Responding to client request for proposals
• Collaborating with management on sales goals, planning and forecasting.
• Maintain business profitability and ensure compliance with all regulator directives and NAICOM guidelines.
• Marketing of Insurance products and services to High Net -worth Individuals, Retails and Corporate Organisations.
• Prospecting and execution of bidding Opportunities the Oil & Gas and Public Sector.
• Providing necessary supports to the Business Development Manager in renewal of existing clients and claims handling.
• Collaborate with team in execution of social media and digital Marketing Strategies.
• Minimum of 2.2 Bachelors
• Post graduate qualification (required)
• Professional certification (required)
• 3+ years post qualification experience in similar organization (Insurance)
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Marketing project management and delivery
- Industry/market knowledge
- Communication (written, verbal, & presentation)
- Business and market intelligence
- Negotiation and Persuasion
- Client and stakeholder engagement
- Problem solving
- Development of creative promotional materials
- People development and management
- Insurance product knowledge and Marketing Skills
- Proficiency in the use of Micro Soft word, Excel and power point.
- Social media & digital Marketing skills
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Percentage turnover rate and market share
- Growth of key customers in value and volume
- Depth of market penetration
- Level of implementation, effectiveness of marketing and business development strategies and plans
- Frequency of budget deviation
- Percentage of initiated projects, with or without business case
- Turnaround time for budget preparation
- Ratio of budget to profit
• Effectiveness of plans to meet identified market and customer needs
• Feedback from market
• Market responsiveness
• Relationship with government agencies and regulatory authorities
• Relationship with customers, competitors and other third parties
• Level of participation in public programs and awareness of Alcon and its product/service offerings