Job Title: IT Help Desk / Network Support Specialist
Job Location: Lagos Island
Our client, a leading financial institution is looking for a motivated IT Help Desk / Network Support Specialist who will provide Tier 1 support to staff via phone, email and chat by asking appropriate questions and use knowledge and resources to diagnose and resolve their issues. Ensure network infrastructure and access to internal and external resources are always available to authorized persons only. The candidate will escalate issues that extend beyond Tier I span of control.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure complete adherence to onboarding and deboarding procedures and SLA’s with relevant units and entities.
- Ensure effective and timely communication of system downtimes planned or unplanned.
- Ensure the various helpdesk channels are always accessible to all staff at all times.
- Ensure members of staff are assigned the right tools and access to perform their various duties and all such tools are running optimally.
- Ensure the integrity of the assets inventory, Knowledge Database, and the Service Catalogue at all times.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers, and scanners.
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and network.
- Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests.
- Providing technical support across the company (this may be in person or over the phone).
- Setting up accounts for new users.
- Repairing and replacing IT equipment, as necessary.
- Liaise with 3rd party Solution Providers/Vendors to ensure compliance with SLA’s and agreed service standards.
- Maintain the company’s IT Asset Inventory
- Escalate issues to the next Tier with next level of difficulty.
- Adhere to firm Change Management, Problem Management policies and familiarity with ITIL, ISO 27001 or other formalized IT operations foundations.
- Installing and configuring computer networks and systems
- Identifying and solving any problems that arise with computer networks and systems.
- Consulting with clients to specify system requirements and design solutions.
- Budgeting for equipment and assembly costs.
- Maintaining existing software and hardware and upgrading any that have become obsolete including but not limited to – PC’s, Laptops, Printers, CCTV, Access Control etc.
- Monitoring computer networks and systems to identify how performance can be improved.
- Providing network administration and support.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 2 years of experience in IT support and as an enterprise systems administrator in a client or server environment.
- Good understanding of Network Terminologies – TCP/IP, Routing, Firewalls, DNS, FTP, SFTP
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, O365.
- Strong Computer Skills and the Ability to Troubleshoot and Diagnose Problems
- Familiarity with both PC and Mac Hardware and Software
- Experience with Network Repairs and Analysis
- Good Customer Service Skills
- Ability to Communicate Effectively to help customers fix their issues and feel satisfied with the experience.
- Writing and Editing Skills to aid in writing and updating manuals, Education in Computer Repairs and how to Troubleshoot Problems, and Specific Knowledge of other required Computer Systems for different work environments.