JOB TITLE: Inventory Officer
INDUSTRY: Skincare & Beauty
LOCATION: Victoria Island, Lagos
The Inventory Officer is responsible for preparing the purchase orders, receiving, storing, issuing the goods, managing the stock levels and giving out the supplies from the stock.
• Involved in preparing the inventories, maintaining the stock records, using computerized systems for entering the records and is accountable for checking the supply invoices with the purchase orders.
• To oversee that the arrangement of goods has been done in an orderly system within the stock location system so that the stock can be stored easily and retrieved whenever there is a requirement. Similarly, he/she ensures that the stocks stay physically protected in the warehouse
• To undertake the function of stock taking and confirm the periodic stock on a regular basis by working closely with the designated staff members
• To supervise the offloading process, the subsequent arrangement of merchandise, material, etc., and consignment so that it can be accessed and identified easily
• To ensure the correct and timely valuation of the inventory and to be involved in directing and managing procedures related to offloading, packing and unpacking
• Responsible for preparing the reports on adjustments done to inventories that may be damaged, spoilt, etc., and coordinates the purchasing, inventory and warehousing functions.
• Finds out sources of supply and is responsible for obtaining quotes from the suppliers as well.
• Makes sure to get rid of the surplus or obsolete stock.
• To maintain record of receipts as well as issuance of items that are going out of the warehouse so as to ensure accuracy and completeness
• To be involved in reconciliation of physical stock with the stock in the system
• Bachelor’s degree in business related to inventory management, accounting, logistics, etc.
• Good analytical and organizational skills
• Planning and time management skills
• Aptitude for working with computer systems
• Ability to demonstrate collaborative work style
• Strong leadership skills
• Ability to take proper decision and action whenever any difficult situation arises
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Should enjoy clerical and administrative work
• Good planning and numeric skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• A methodical and orderly approach to work
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Desire to learn about details related to inventory