Job Title: Human Resources Advisor
Job Location: Lekki Phase 1, Lagos
Our Client, a Montessori school requires the services of a Human Resources Advisor to ensure that HR strategy is implemented in line with schools core values, business plans and that HR policy, procedures and processes are developed, communicated, understood and consistently implemented.
- Review and ensure adequate monitoring of remuneration band in order to remain competitive within the education industry.
- Initiate reward/benefit initiatives linked with high performance and years of service within the organization.
- Review and ensure company policies are in compliance with the Nigerian Labour Law.
- Ensure implementation of Recruitment activities within the school where required.
- Ensure the start-up of best-practice HR department.
- Ensure the existence of an updated employee records database.
- Conduct Referee and background checks on new hires.
- Coordinate Training, Learning and Development of employees.
- Implement strategies for Change Management.
- Ensure new staff are properly boarded and inducted into the school.
- Ensure the existence of an employee organogram.
- Facilitate the compliance with employee Performance Management cycle
- Facilitate confirmation process for new staff on probation.
- Coordinate Staff engagement Meetings for all employees e.g. Team Building events, away day etc.
- Identify pertinent employee and work place issues and report outcomes to Director of Learning or her assigned delegate.
- Liaise with School teachers, Heads of departments, Business Manager and Director of Learning to develop and implement organizational structure and design as and when required e.g. Job Profiles etc
- Assist to implement Recognition programs. This will serve as a motivating factor/retention tool for outstanding employees.
- Ensure that all Conflicts within the teams are resolved within stipulated time. Liaise with Director of Learning in coordination of staff Disciplinary matters and grievances.
- Coordinate assigned Exit Activities for exiting staff.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in human resources services/processes.
- Minimum of 4 years work experience with at least 2 years specifically in HR
- Membership of certified HR professional bodies
- University degree in Education, Human Resources, or any related Social Science field.
- Experience within the education sector will be an added advantage.