JOB TITLE: Housekeeper
SALARY: N63,000 monthly
To provide all housekeeping and domestic services for the guesthouse and ensuring the highest levels of cleanliness and guest satisfaction are maintained.
- Receives list of assigned rooms from manager and prioritizes rooms requesting early cleaning.
- Reviews the cleaning inventory and adds any necessary supplies.
- Replaces used linen, towels, bedspreads, and blankets from each assigned room.
- Cleans and disinfects bathroom and kitchenette and coffee-preparation areas according to guesthouse polices.
- Wipes surfaces in room and cleans mirrors.
- Vacuums floors and removes trash as required.
- Checks complimentary coffee, snack, and toiletry supplies in the room, restocking according to provided guesthouse checklist and policy.
- Ensures room meets guesthouse standards with a final walkaround.
- Notifies supervisor of room availability and reports any suspicious activity to security.
- Laundering of all guesthouse bedsheets etc. This includes loading hotel washers and dryers and folding sheets and towels in laundry room as needed.
- Notifies maintenance department of needed maintenance or repairs.
- Takes found items to designated lost and found area if guest has checked out.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of Secondary School Leaving Certificate Qualification.
- At least 3 years’ experience in housekeeping or related field
- Proven working experience in a guest house, hotel, or a related field preferred.
- Ability to communicate audibly and effectively in English.