Our client, a micro finance bank, seeks to fill the position of Head, Recovery and Collections. The Head of Recovery and Collections owns the collections operations process from intake until recovery. He/She leads the implementation and execution of the Collections strategy, and is accountable for providing strategic direction and guidance on a broad and diverse range of complex operational activities. He/She also leads in the development of the overall direction, operating budget, delivering business objectives and overall people management for the unit.
• Achieve assigned recovery targets to contribute to organisation’s financial performance.
•Developing policies, procedures and guidelines governing collection activity.
•Overseeing bottom-line metrics, including detailed strategic analysis, forecasting, and account placement.
•Implementing new strategies and tactics to improve collections and recovery performance, training and coaching staff to improve performance.
•Liaising with collection agencies regarding collection and claim pay activities and further developing strong, sustainable relationships.
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
• At least 4 years experience in consumer or commercial lending / process analyst or credit / risk / collection.
•Good knowledge of corporate credit, collection agencies, legal and compliance procedures, credit risk and account management.
• Competent Project Management skills.
• Understanding of the full credit lifecycle including acquisition, fraud, account management, collections and recoveries.
• Familiar with operating Loan Banking Applications such as Bank One or other enterprise software.
• Numerically savvy, able to work with data, perform analysis and communicate result.
• Experienced in performance management.
• Proficient on Microsoft Office Suite.
• Able to deal with uncertainty and make decisions with limited information, thus action oriented.
•Excellent analytical skills, quantitative and qualitative.