Industry: Technology & Finance
Our Client, a reputable Technology company is looking to hire a Head of Strategy. The Head of Strategy will drive the delivery of the Company’s Transformation program through strategic research, planning and advisory; using internal consulting-style engagements to define and pursue strategic goals. The incumbent will leverage a data-driven approach to uncover new growth sectors, influence prospective opportunities, and develop compelling intelligence assets to strengthen industry leadership by systematically synthesizing data into actionable opportunities, identifying competitive growth pockets, and providing actionable guidance towards shaping the organizations operations for its long term success.
· Analyze/Evaluate broader industry trends and market opportunities
· Research, track, and analyze key competitors in the space as well as emerging competitive threats and trends from adjacent areas
· Support business leaders and product owners with strategic guidance and practical competitive differentiation that best positions the organization to win in the market
· Build competitive sales assets (e.g. battle cards, competitive playbooks, product comparisons) and tailored resources for high value opportunities
· Plan, develop, and execute short-term and long-term strategies, roadmap, and annual plans for the organization
· Collate relevant data, analyze, and report on organizational performance across multiple metrics and KPIs at advised periods.
· Develop actionable strategies that create measurable long-term value for the organization
· Ensure all budgeting and follow up of project costs and negotiation of contracts is completed.
· Work with other Senior Management executives to establish a framework for sustained innovation and growth.
· Set timetable and process for review of the strategic plan, and advise on redevelopment in the run up to the next strategic period.
· Ensuring strategic plans are working effectively and that the company will remain competitive in the industry.
· Effectively collaborating and communicating the strategic objectives across the organization to drive the business forward and ensuring future business operations, capacity and sustainability of the services provided by the organization.
· Develop, direct and control the strategic and operational planning frameworks and planning outcomes for the organization in the short, medium and long term.
• Good Verbal & Written Communication – Ability to communicate clearly and without ambiguity. Demonstrate exceptional command of the English Language.
• Problem Solving – Develop innovative solutions to address company issues. Innovate and/or create new opportunities to ensure future company success.
• Business Knowledge – Ability to understand key elements of the company’s value chain; understand all areas of the business with a view to being able to make decisions that positively impact the company’s bottom line.
• People Management – Responsible for managing and coaching direct reports to ensure result delivery and achievement of each individual’s set objectives.
• Influencing & Negotiating – Ability to convince Internal and External Stakeholders toward making decisions that would benefit the organization. This also involves being able to reach an agreement with External Stakeholders in favour of the organization.
• Analytical Skills – Able to collect, read, and correctly interpret data and information, proffer recommendations, and develop plans that enable effective decision making to drive the achievement of positive business results.
• Planning & Organizing – Utilize systematic processes and orderly procedures to execute deliverables on projects. Ensure all projects are accurate, precise, and executed on time and in full as required.
• Assertiveness – Exudes confidence, not aggression. It involves persuasive skills, demonstrating initiative, and communicating clearly to drive home a point.
• Good Teamwork– Display a synergetic attitude and commitment to working with individuals and teammates towards achieving a shared goal. It involves collaboration, knowledge sharing, and supporting fellow team members to win.
• Self-Development/Self-Drive–Ability to assess current skills and capabilities, identify gaps and development areas, develop a hunger for knowledge and continuous learning, and set and achieve goals to close knowledge and experience gaps.
• Project Management – Ability to break down bog projects into smaller executable tasks, assigning resources to each task, initiating, planning, controlling, executing, and measuring all deliverables on time, in full and accurately, within approved budgets to achieve success on set targets/metrics.
• Be Authentic – Being a role model who respects the company’s values and displays integrity, trust and respect for other people at all times
- An MBA or Master’s Degree in a related field
- 8 – 12 years experience working in a Strategy Role and/or experience in a strategy role a Consultancy/Professional Service Firm
- Knowledge of, and experience with the Digital Technology landscape
- Advanced level proficiency in MS Office Suite (MS Teams, Excel, Power Point) and Data Analytics tools