Job Location: Lagos Island
Our Client, a Finance & Technology (FinTech) company is seeking to hire a Head of Strategy who will be responsible for ensuring the organization’s short-, medium- and long-term strategic goals as defined by the group, are distilled into Divisional objectives for respective teams. Drive the delivery of the Company’s Transformation program through strategic research, planning and advisory; using internal consulting-style engagements to define and pursue strategic goals.
- Assist in developing actionable strategies that create measurable longterm value for the organization
- Drive the implementation of overall strategic goals and oversee the delivery of the organization’s transformation program
- Establish performance measures to determine the effectiveness of implemented strategies and identify areas for strategic improvement
- Define potential business models in order to realize profitability
- Drive awareness and insightful analyses of market trends to ascertain risks and opportunities for the organization.
- Draft regular analysis reports on market opportunities for senior management, business leadership and executives, and relevant stakeholders to support decision making
- Oversee the regular development, design and roll-out of innovative and tailored products into the market.
- Monitor the effectiveness and efficiency of the strategies and products with a view to identifying improvement opportunities.
- Collaborate across the organization with top leadership, aiding in individualized strategy formulation for different projects and initiatives.
- Manage portfolio of projects in the organization and ensure seamless execution.
- Coordinate collaboration with functional unit heads, for effective implementation of the corporate strategy – sharing knowledge and best practice effectively
- Proven experience in strategy formulation, communication and execution.
- Possess project/program management, business analysis, technical delivery and problem-solving skills.
- Track record of working on high-quality strategy implementation with a focus on delivering measurable business improvements.
- Strong commercial awareness with a sharp focus on results.
- Strong knowledge of the financial industry and an appreciation of the dynamics in Nigeria.
- Outstanding qualitative and quantitative analytical skills combined with an ability to apply judgement and think strategically.
- Proven data gathering and analytical skills; conversant with secondary data sources relevant to the insurance industry
• First Degree in any discipline from a reputable institution
• M.Sc./MBA is an added advantage
• Relevant professional qualifications
• Minimum experience – 10 years in similar role within the financial,
consulting and/or technology services industry
• In-depth Credit, operations, computer systems (Data Center), GIS,
• In-depth Human Resource knowledge (preferably hands-on
• Sensitivity to operational environment