Location: Lekki Phase One, Lagos State
Our client, a reputable private secondary school, is looking to hire for the position of “Head of School/Admin”. The Head of School is responsible for the effective general management of the School, for ensuring the provision of academic leadership and strategic vision, and for the quality of the student experience. The Head of School will see to the overall day to day management, organization and coordination of the administrative, academic and recruitment procedures and activities of the school. The Head of School is ultimately responsible for the smooth running of a school, the academic achievement of its pupils and the management of its staff.
- Formulating the overall aims and objectives of the school and policies for their implementation.
- Strategic direction and development of the school: Leading by example, providing educational vision and direction to secure the strong and passionate commitment of staff, parents/carers and pupils.
- Determining, organizing and implementing a broad and balanced curriculum for the school, having regard to the needs, experiences, interests, aptitudes and stage of development of the pupils and the resources available to the school
- Ensuring the maintenance of good order and discipline at all times during the school days.
- To promote a clear sense of vision, direction and intended outcomes in leading and managing the process of both strategic and school development planning.
- To establish effective structures for the smooth running of the school, ensuring that responsibilities are clear but not exclusive.
- To establish, implement and review procedures for the promotion and marketing of the school, encouraging the involvement of the whole staff.
- Be actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting ads and managing the hiring process.
- Assist in performance management processes.
- Maintain employee records (attendance, EEO data etc.) according to policy and legal requirements
- Manage all administrative support functions, including office organization and procedures, records and files, academic course scheduling, and meetings and events planning.
- Coordinates faculty/student orientations, workshops and special events.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior level administrative position, ideally in higher education.
- BSc/BA in business administration, social studies or relevant field
- Preferably a female. Young, experienced and tech savvy.
- Experience in English National Curriculum is required.
- Qualified Teacher Status qualification in a related area e.g. MEd, MA, MBA.
- Substantial and successful experience in a senior leadership role e.g. as a Head of School, Principal etc…
- Knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development etc.)
- Understanding of labour laws and disciplinary procedures.
- Proficient in MS Office; knowledge of HRMS is a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.